3320 coolant flush - where is the block drian plug

/ 3320 coolant flush - where is the block drian plug #1  

BloomingtonMike

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 3320
I have a 3320.

I want to change the coolant.

Instructions say to turn the engine block pet cock? Thinking that is wrong - dont see one.

Is there an engine block drain plug I need to remove to drain the coolant from the engine?

If so what size socket or size allan is it and does anyone have a picture of it?? that is discernable?

My manuals picture is horrible and does not match my 3320 left side at all.

/ 3320 coolant flush - where is the block drian plug #2  
I have not seen one on my Ford 3000 or my little GC. The GC has a little hose that runs out of the block and connects to a pet cock which also leads to the radiator. Is yours set up like this, or is there just one on the radiator?

/ 3320 coolant flush - where is the block drian plug #3  
It's on the lower left (I think) engine side of the radiator, not the engine block. That us where I drained mine from.

/ 3320 coolant flush - where is the block drian plug
That is the radiator pet cock.

I removed the plug that was beside the pump. I am guessing that is what the pictures was of. It did drain some of the coolant there.

I managed to get it all drained, flushed, and changed. Specs called for 1.6gal though and I only added 1 gal so I am guessing I did not remove a plug that was low enough.

Went ahead and changed my oil and my front axel hydo fluid as well. I did main hydo and filter last fall.

Should be good for awhile.

/ 3320 coolant flush - where is the block drian plug #5  
I have never had a engine that had a pet cock on it. What I do and alot of others do also is after draning the radiator I'll fill with fresh water and then start and let the motor run till the water comes up to heat and starts to cycle, about the time it takes to go inside and fix me a snack and eat it. Then I drain it all out again and then fill with the new anti freeze and fresh water. ALL DONE FOR ANOTHER YEAR!:thumbsup: