3720 small R4 vs large R4

/ 3720 small R4 vs large R4 #11  
I am surprised JD would offer tires that they know would be overloaded so easily. How much capacity did the R4s add? Hopefully more than the loader capacity. Did you complain to the dealer or JD?
Yup, I suggested to the dealer that it's a flaw in JD configurator software. When the load rating of the selected tires is being approached during configuration, there should be a warning that a tire upgrade is necessary to proceed.

The R4s more than doubled the load capacity, and the dealer was fair. He took all four R1s and rims back (20 hours on them), and only charged me $350 for four new R4s and rims. I can't help but think though, that the reasonable cost to me was more out of legal concern than out of actual generosity.

//greg//

/ 3720 small R4 vs large R4 #12  
My assumption (my bad) was he bought the tractor and loader at the same time. If factory installed JD should have put higher rated tires on. If dealer installed, they should not have installed it without pointing out the tires would be maxed out.

/ 3720 small R4 vs large R4 #13  
R1's are fine for FEL and field work as long as they are rated properly. My ag tractor (>10K lbs) with FEL has 8 ply R1's on the front. IMO, a good dealer will always make sure the tires are properly rated when installing a FEL.