3pt arms eating up my tires

/ 3pt arms eating up my tires #1  

matthewtjones

I have a LG 39HST and when I hook any 3 pt attachment onto it the arms swing around and get into my tires. How to I get the 3pt arms to stay centered and not get over into my tires. The little stabilisers that it cam with pivot and don't really work.

Also it has a Miller loader on it and has always settled alittle with a load in it or empty. Now it is settling so much that it takes several times of reraising the bucket to get it across the yard. Is this caused from the leak around one of the hydralic fittings or do I have a bigger problem..

Any help is greatly appriciated

matt /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ 3pt arms eating up my tires #2  
You should have turnbuckles connecting both lower links to the tractor's frame. These are anti-sway links.

The procedure to use them should be described in your manual.

To adjust them with an implement, lower the implement and tighten the turnbuckles. You may have to raise and lower a couple times to get the implement centered. There should be a spring clip though the threaded section of the turnbuckles' adjustment screw to prevent rotation after adjustment.

With a mower, cutter or other implement with wheels, you want those turnbuckle pretty snug to prevent sway. For ground engaging, you'll want some slack.

While your centering the implement, you'll also want to level the implement. That's done using the adjustable (threaded) link that lifts the lower links. On my 790, this is on the right side as you are facing the tractor from behind it.

BTW, an implement on the 3PH can be the "tail that wags the dog", so you definitely want to slow down when turning while the implement is raised.

As far as your loader leaking down...if it's still in warranty, let the dealer handle it. First thing I'd check in fluid level in the hydraulic fluid reservoir. Again, if this tractor is in warranty...let them fix it.
If not in warranty, contact the manufacturer (Miller) of the loader and describe the problem to them.

Hydraulics can be pretty dangerous to work around. The pressure is enough to inject fluid into your skin (ever got an inoculation with an air gun? That's 600 psi...your hydraulic system operates at 3 to 4 times that pressure. Hydraulic fluid is toxic if injected into your body, so, be careful!)

/ 3pt arms eating up my tires #3  
Good info from Roy.
Let me add one thing.
Not sure on your tractor but on Roy's and mine, there are spacers where the lower links attach to the tractor frame. For a couple implements, I had to move the spacers to the outside of the pin and the link arms to the inside. This gave me a little more clearance at the tires as well.

Brian

/ 3pt arms eating up my tires #4  
It sounds like the loader has a leaking seal in the cylinder(lift). Mine did the same thing, I could watch it drop as I drove it across the yard. I had to rebuild both(good idea even if one is bad)

/ 3pt arms eating up my tires
Thanks for the replies,

The antisway links that were on it don't work very well so I might try and build something different. No matter how tight I made them the brackets on which they hooked to the frame still swiveled some...and eventually the bent.

I will fix the leak on the hydrollic fittings and see if that does any good, if not it must be the seals. Any idea on what that would cost to rebuild (ballpark?)? I am not sure if it is under warrenty still...

thanks again

/ 3pt arms eating up my tires #6  
You might post some pictures so we can take a look at the setup on your tractor for the 3ph. Keep in mind that it could have come put together wrong. My FIL's NH TC 30 came with the 3ph arms on backwards causing them to be bent out towards the inner edge of the rear tires.