3rd Function problems on Kubota 4701

/ 3rd Function problems on Kubota 4701 #1  

nvcdl

Tractor
none (yet)
My 3rd function has been acting up and blowing fuses for awhile and now seems to have gone kaput.

It's been blowing a 10 amp fuse off and on for last couple years (purchased in 2019).

The other day it started blowing the fuse almost ever time I open/closed the grapple. I noticed a spark when installing a fuse so suspected a short to ground - testing with multi-meter I found about 3 ohms of resistance to ground on the cold side of line with the fuse pulled. At one point when messing with the cable it seemed to open up again and I was able to install a fuse and run it a short while before fuse blew again. I wanted to finish the job so tried using a tool to manually operate the solenoid but it seemed to also have issues as I could close it manually but not open it again.

I'm wondering the solenoid could be bad and causing the line to short or do I have two different problems? Any suggestions?

/ 3rd Function problems on Kubota 4701 #2  
Solenoids can go bad but should be easy to check if you can access the wires or connector for the coil. Just need to check resistance across the coil.

Does that version of 3rd function have a circuit board? If yes would also start checking for shorts on that also.

/ 3rd Function problems on Kubota 4701 #3  
Have you tried to unplug the coils and see if it still blows the fuse?