4 in 1 Bucket on 180 loader?

/ 4 in 1 Bucket on 180 loader? #1  

Jsandy

Tractor
John Deere 4710
Ordered a new 4066 R (open station) with the 180 loader. Outfitted it with the 3rd function hydraulics and the skid steer carrier. When I configured it on line there was no 4 in 1 bucket option. I talked to the sales rep and the Frontier 4 in 1 buckets are not listed as operating with anything but the 300 and 400 series of loaders. It doesn't make sense to me that the Frontier 4 in 1, set up with skid steer quick attach, wouldn't work on this set up. He's checking into it further for me today. In the meantime is there anyone out there running a 4 in 1 on a 180? Mostly will be used for picking up stumps, logs and brush. Any thoughts or advice?

/ 4 in 1 Bucket on 180 loader? #2  
Ordered a new 4066 R (open station) with the 180 loader. Outfitted it with the 3rd function hydraulics and the skid steer carrier. -----------------------------

Mostly will be used for picking up stumps, logs and brush. Any thoughts or advice?

A grapple will work much better. :thumbsup:

/ 4 in 1 Bucket on 180 loader? #4  
I agree with Xfaman, I had both for my tractor and skidsteer, liked both but the 4in1 is compromise at best. Really depends on how you use it. I could not pick up logs or stumps as big or heavy as my root grapple would but if you are moving dirt and need to pick up limbs, move brush or a rock, the 4in1 works great. I found my grapple stayed on for over 95% of the time so I sold the 4in1. I do not think much about it until I see a thread like this.

/ 4 in 1 Bucket on 180 loader? #5  
Ordered a new 4066 R (open station) with the 180 loader. Outfitted it with the 3rd function hydraulics and the skid steer carrier. When I configured it on line there was no 4 in 1 bucket option. I talked to the sales rep and the Frontier 4 in 1 buckets are not listed as operating with anything but the 300 and 400 series of loaders. It doesn't make sense to me that the Frontier 4 in 1, set up with skid steer quick attach, wouldn't work on this set up. He's checking into it further for me today. In the meantime is there anyone out there running a 4 in 1 on a 180? Mostly will be used for picking up stumps, logs and brush. Any thoughts or advice?

It will work just fine...the JD rep is crazy and/or misinformed, the H180 loader replaced the 400cx.

BUT...like others have posted, a dedicated grapple may be a better choice for the specific task's you've listed.

/ 4 in 1 Bucket on 180 loader?
Thanks all for the insight. Most of my work will be clearing land for food plots so it appears a root grapple makes more sense. Ted, thanks for the link to your Wicked grapple. Since the 4066 is rated at 66 hp could I go with a more substantial grapple like the CA XT duty (66")? It is twice the weight as the Wicked but that would seem to me to be a plus for root raking. I won't be picking up anything huge nor will I be lifting it very high (only high enough to move it to a pile that will be burned or left to direct deer movement)

/ 4 in 1 Bucket on 180 loader? #7  
Thanks all for the insight. Most of my work will be clearing land for food plots so it appears a root grapple makes more sense. Ted, thanks for the link to your Wicked grapple. Since the 4066 is rated at 66 hp could I go with a more substantial grapple like the CA XT duty (66")? It is twice the weight as the Wicked but that would seem to me to be a plus for root raking. I won't be picking up anything huge nor will I be lifting it very high (only high enough to move it to a pile that will be burned or left to direct deer movement)

You'd really feel the added weight of a heavier grapple like the CA on your tractor.
The 4066 is 66hp, but it's still a compact tractor so I think the Wicked Grapple would be ideal on it.
EricTheOracle has really punished his Wicked Grapple that is on his Kioti NX6010 and hasn't hurt it a bit.(fingers crossed, because he's ROUGH!!!)
Here's a link to his most recent photos: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kioti-buying-pricing/315694-my-nx6010-84.html
Travis

/ 4 in 1 Bucket on 180 loader?
Convinced me!! I'll call after I take delivery so that I make sure I order the correct hydraulic ends. Thanks

/ 4 in 1 Bucket on 180 loader? #9  
Convinced me!! I'll call after I take delivery so that I make sure I order the correct hydraulic ends. Thanks

Sounds good.
Here are the specific Pioneer/Parker hydraulic couplers that we offer.
Travis

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

Multiquip Whiteman Mortar Mixer (A33548)
Multiquip Whiteman...
Fuel Cell. (A33079)
Fuel Cell. (A33079)
(15) Pallets of Recycled Rubber Turf Pellets (A33349)
(15) Pallets of...
Wagon (A34236)
Wagon (A34236)
2018 Freightliner Cascadia Truck Tractor, (A33078)
2018 Freightliner...
KC 84in. QT Snow/Mulch Bucket (A33978)
KC 84in. QT...