4110 parking brake clicks but doesn't engage

/ 4110 parking brake clicks but doesn't engage #1  

MikeFromVA

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 4110
I went to engage my parking brake yesterday as I always do but when I released the brake petal after "engaging" the parking brake, the brake petals went right back to their neutral position with the parking brake lever up. Further testing shows that I can now click the parking brake On and Off without using the brake petals at all. Of course this means the the parking brake lever is not working. Any ideas on how to fix it? FWIW - I've had the tractor just about 9 years now so I'm not surprised that things are starting to go bad...

/ 4110 parking brake clicks but doesn't engage #2  
Yeah, I just changed out my 4010 for a 1025 recently when the shaft between the engine and hydraulics went out. Never had this problem on my 4010. You'll probably have to remove the housing over that area and replace the parking brake. I thought about doing that on mine, as the blinker light for the parking brake would stick on at times. It's located behind that housing. Never did it. My 4010 would have been 9 years old in November. Read my review of the 1025 in the review section, or I have it in a post in the Operations section of the forum. Love it. Wish the engine was smaller though. Think it'll be a fuel hog compared to the 0.46 gph that the 4010 used over 660 hours.