420 Loader issues

/ 420 Loader issues #1  

farmerbrian

Tractor
John Deere 4200
Hello all, I am new to this forum. I have done some searching in it and been amazed of how much info you all have.
I have a 4200 JD with 420 loader. The loader is giving me issues and i believe i know the solution but before i try to fix it i thought i would ask your guys opinion. I used the loader to move some concrete slabs for my grandmother about a month ago and ever since then lift a curl are both week and do not hold their position. the arms also get real hot when i use them. I have purchased the tractor manual but there is nothing in it about the loader. I first thought it was the relief valve but after some searching i came to the conclusion that the arm seals are bad on all four arms.

Does this seem correct? Is there anything thing i could do to confirm what i think it is?

/ 420 Loader issues #2  
Can't see everything going all at once. I have a 420 loader on a 4300 and it gets a lot of heavy use. Have you checked your steel lines for places where they might have got flattened by something (helper pinched one of mine with a chain link) or possible that one of the QD'd might be part way out (by your right foot). The arms and cylinders will get to the same temps as the oil in the system, possibly 180deg F. without harming anything.
The lift and curl cylinders are plumbed in parallel so if one of the two are leaking, they will both sag down. You have to disconnect and plug (or install a good one) to isolate which is bad. (a tedious time consuming job until you find one which you KNOW is good)
Oh, I assume you have checked the oil level and don't get funny noises when you pull the lever.....