425 rebuild or repower?

/ 425 rebuild or repower? #11  
After closer inspection the oil pump gear stripped a few teeth and all pushrods are still straight.
There's several different kits.
Are there different pushrods needed when using metal cam and gear?
Can anyone recommend a reliable parts house?

/ 425 rebuild or repower? #13  
After closer inspection the oil pump gear stripped a few teeth and all pushrods are still straight.
There's several different kits.
Are there different pushrods needed when using metal cam and gear?
Can anyone recommend a reliable parts house?

What is the Serial number of your Kawasaki FD620D engine?

Richard

/ 425 rebuild or repower? #15  
Rob I would just change the cam and then do a compression check. You wouldn't need to fully assemble the engine to do the check. If the compression is good I would just put the engine back together and call it good. I think you'll start closing in on a grand for a full rebuild.

I put a new cam gear kit in it.I had to replace oil pump gear,it stripped out,then I changed out governor arm gear and water pump was fine.
Switching out valve springs was probably the most difficult since heads weren't removed.An open end wrench and thumb was good enough to install keepers.
Compression was 190 on both cylinders so engine is in good shape .
I've had it running and other than adjusting valves it's done.
I put in two quarts of oil and dip stick reads full but Ill let it set for a while and recheck.
My oil pressure light stays on and could this be because valve covers are off ?

/ 425 rebuild or repower? #16  
I put a new cam gear kit in it.I had to replace oil pump gear,it stripped out,then I changed out governor arm gear and water pump was fine.
Switching out valve springs was probably the most difficult since heads weren't removed.An open end wrench and thumb was good enough to install keepers.
Compression was 190 on both cylinders so engine is in good shape .
I've had it running and other than adjusting valves it's done.
I put in two quarts of oil and dip stick reads full but Ill let it set for a while and recheck.
My oil pressure light stays on and could this be because valve covers are off ?

No --- the valve covers don't help build oil pressure. Assuming that you don't have a real oil pressure problem, I would put my money on a bad oil pressure sender. You have the valve covers off and you're running the engine?? You must have oil everywhere??? If you don't, I would look hard at your oil pump ----

/ 425 rebuild or repower? #17  
I would check the wire going to the pressure sensor first. Make sure you didn't damage it while working on the engine.