4300 HST forward pedal getting harder to hold down

/ 4300 HST forward pedal getting harder to hold down #1  

GreenRust

Tractor
JD 4300 HST
I have a 4300 HST manufactured in 2000 it seems the old the tractor and I get, the harder it is to hold down the forward pedal. It is fine for quick work but if I am mowing or doing anything else for any length of time it is a real PITA (or leg). I seem to remember discussion of this year/model having a poorly designed pedal set up. Is there anything I should check or do or should I just get used to hobbling around with a sore leg?

/ 4300 HST forward pedal getting harder to hold down #2  
Was cruise control ever an option? On my tractor is just an electro magnet on the forward pedal linkage, flip a switch and its charged, then hitting the brakes or the switch shuts it off. I don't use it too much for mowing though, just on my driveway or roads. Maybe get some heavy steel toe, steel shank boots?:ROFLMAO:
Simplest could be installing a long helper spring, but you would have to be careful it can't move the pedal itself under any condition.

/ 4300 HST forward pedal getting harder to hold down
   / 4300 HST forward pedal getting harder to hold down #4  
The pedals can get sticky without lubrication.
My 4300 has the magnet that holds the forward pedal in place and works great, or has for 25 years. Don't know of anything that is "poorly" designed on the pedals. Never had a fault with mine. But I always have the tractor kept in a shed so not out in the elements.

/ 4300 HST forward pedal getting harder to hold down #5  
I'd lube the mechanism that are under the pedals. and look at the shock absorber that attaches to the linkage. they are notorious for going bad. so do the 2 bearing on the pedal cams.