4300 shopping

/ 4300 shopping #1  

trblower

After comparing NH, Kubota and JD, I am heavily leaning toward the JD4300 w/HST, FEL and a finish mower. I'm not sure about the wisdom of a belly mower with it's increased cost and still requiring ballast for the FEL. The TC35 is nice and is still in my vision, but I figure if my wife has to resell it (if I depart) she would probably have an easier time selling the JD. Any comments and pricing experience appreciated. - Tom from MI

/ 4300 shopping #2  
I recently(within last week) purchased a 4300 JD priced almost identical to a L3010 Kubota drawing the two into an even tighter competition. Resale value, reputation,comments provided by owners in forums, and proximity to the dealership all played a big part in my decision. No regrets as yet although I did loose one of the pitpins in the Loader control valve after two days of use....it just plain fell out...made me mad as hell. Had to remove a plastic shroud to the right of the seat to access the new pin installation. I could have had ther tractor hauled into the dealership for the pin replacement but after talking to the service manager it would have taken two possibly three days to return the unit while I was in the middle of harrowing/fertilizing my pastures and would like to have it finished prior to the next rains. The tractor is a hefty little unit and can burrow the loader into a pile of heavy dirt and lift a bucket full with ease. Stability is much improved after reversing the front wheels but it was never really poor to begin with. I do have some leaks in the hydraulic line fittings on the loader while the tractor itself has accumulated only 1 drop leak below the motor. This after ramming a 6 year old pile of rock, dirt and debris with the loader for the better part of two days. Have 7.6 hours on the unit as of now. Would buy another Deere in a heartbeat. At least it's assembled here in the USA!

/ 4300 shopping #4  
Tom

>>After comparing NH, Kubota and JD, I am heavily leaning toward the JD4300 w/HST, FEL and a finish mower.<<

I have JD4300 w/HST & 430 FEL with 70 hours on it. I'm very happy with the unit so far and recommend it highly.

Chuck in IN