4300 sync reverser, dies when move to F or R

/ 4300 sync reverser, dies when move to F or R #1  

l8_apexer

Tractor
John Deere 4300
SO frustrated with this machine. Runs fine, when you move the sync reverser level to Forward or Backward, the engines dies. The safety switch on the seat has been by passed. Fuse #5 is fine. Tried removing the #2 start relay and jumping it with a wire, same problem.

of course, it dies out in the middle of the driveway, it's pouring rain. Can't even get the damn thing inside to work on it.

Does the clutch pedal operate a safety switch? Where would that be?

what else should I be looking for?

thanks

/ 4300 sync reverser, dies when move to F or R #2  
SO frustrated with this machine. Runs fine, when you move the sync reverser level to Forward or Backward, the engines dies. The safety switch on the seat has been by passed. Fuse #5 is fine. Tried removing the #2 start relay and jumping it with a wire, same problem.

of course, it dies out in the middle of the driveway, it's pouring rain. Can't even get the damn thing inside to work on it.

Does the clutch pedal operate a safety switch? Where would that be?

what else should I be looking for?

thanks
oh my. Got to love these more modern computer equipped Deere/Yanmar machines.

Yes, there is a clutch safety switch. Yes, this would prevent movement and/or a no start. Depends on the options on the Deere.

Did any error codes appear? If not, chances are, the hydraulic fluid filter is clogged. It needs to be changed or if it has the reusable filter with screen, you can clean them in diesel and a used tooth brush. If it's a spin on filter, have a few clean 5-gallons of buckets on hand. Unless there is a filter shut-off, then just stop the flow. Take out the clogged filter and put a new one on.

I looked at the Deere newer machines, read the forums and then opted for an older machine instead. JD850. Then a goof of a diesel mechanic messed it up badly. Traded it in for a nearly twin model to the Deere, but as the Yanmar YM2610. Some of the stuff from the vintage machines still apply today, but with out all the computer stuff.

There are plenty of JD4300 owners out there too. It has the Yanmar 3TNE84 engine, a modern version of the very popular 3T84 with and without turbo.

/ 4300 sync reverser, dies when move to F or R #3  
the 4300 doesn't have a computer. the next series does ( the 4310) sounds like a possible short or rubbed wire. you might want to ask the guys over at Green tractor talk as it's pretty much a john deere only site with some jd techs on there.