4310 or 4410 lower link offset measurement?

/ 4310 or 4410 lower link offset measurement? #1  

wuntun

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 4310 JD 790 Allis Chalmers 5030 Husqvarna 2654
I have found my lower links are not symmetrical, one is bent more than the other. I would like to straighten or bend the wrong one. Can anyone with a JD 4310 or 4410 measure their lower link offset bend with straight edge from ball to ball? (the straight edge will hit the weld of the end link, as shown in my image, but that will work) Thanks

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 66
   / 4310 or 4410 lower link offset measurement? #2  
Mine have both broken and been welded back together at the lift hole so I'd be unwilling to say that any measurement I give you would be accurate. But it would be nice to see what they are supposed to be.

/ 4310 or 4410 lower link offset measurement?
Thanks for the reply. even if yours have been welded, at the lift hole, they should still have the correct bend in the bar, correct? May be measure both, just to see if yours are still symmetrical. I just want to fix the 'wrong' one, any measurement would be appreciated, and get me in the ball park.

/ 4310 or 4410 lower link offset measurement? #4  
Can't help on the measurements. However, that is pretty good steel. You may need a hydraulic press or a hydraulic press brake like you find in welding/fabrication shops.

/ 4310 or 4410 lower link offset measurement? #5  
Thanks for the reply. even if yours have been welded, at the lift hole, they should still have the correct bend in the bar, correct? May be measure both, just to see if yours are still symmetrical. I just want to fix the 'wrong' one, any measurement would be appreciated, and get me in the ball park.

I can do that. I'll take a protractor out and measure the degrees of bend too. It might not happen today though. -28C this morning.

/ 4310 or 4410 lower link offset measurement?
pms and phillip, thank you for replies, but i looked again at the links, and discovered the bent one by the 'roll' of the bend near the lift link hole. I rolled the tractor on it's side a couple of years ago, and the 7' box blade took all the brunt of the tip over, apparently bending the bar unbeknownst to me at the time. The bent one had a significant long radius that encompassed the area of the hole for the lift link, and i straightened it in the hydraulic press. The measurement is 1 7/16" to the inside, and surprisingly it did not take too much tonnage to straighten it! I still may have both out of spec, but it looks similar to another tractor i have, and will see how it hooks up straight to implements soon. (pms, no need for the protractor, a straight edge would suffice of the offset---straight edge from weld on one end, ball on other, measure to bend). Pms, I can only sympathize with -28, I have worked the sands up there before, where you are, and know it can be brutal! thanks guys!