Backhoe 47 backhoe

/ 47 backhoe #1  

Anonymous Poster

I ordered a 47 backhoe for my 4400 this week. Could use any tips on mounting, unmounting & use that anyone would have. I have never used a backhoe before. Thanks Chris

/ 47 backhoe #2  
Chris (and others): I am mixed between buying a JD 790 and a JD 4400 with Syncreverser transmission. The JD 790 is less expensive and "may" do all I need, but I feel sure I will not need more than the JD 4400. The local dealer does not have any JD 4400's in stock, but has all kinds of JD 4300's. It just seems to me that the price difference between a JD 4300 4WD with syncreverser and the JD 4400 same options is worth the $1300. price difference for the additional 4 HP (otherwise the same tractor). What kind of prices did you get and did you look at the JD 790? Others thoughts also welcome. I may be making the decision more difficult than it should be.

/ 47 backhoe
John I did not consider the 790 & do not have a reason why. I started looking at the 4300 collar shift & considered everything up to the 4600 hydro. I ended up with a 4400 Hydro & 430 loader with R4's, mid pto, folding rops, 3rd control valve, rear work lights. I paid 20,700.00 less tax. I could have paid $600.00 less from another dealer, but I just felt more comfortable with the dealer I ended up buying from buying from. This decision already paid off as I was one of the first to have the front axle replaced. The axle was replaced because the original axles on the 4200 - 4400 would tear up turf on turns. So if you get a 4300 or 4400 be sure to get one with the new axle. Looking at the specs the 4400 has 5 more HP & more lift capacity with the loader. Buying a tractor is a difficult decision, buy I do not regret buying my 4400. Chris

/ 47 backhoe #4  
Chris, is the JD 47 back hoe frame mounted or 3 piint hitch mounted? I have heard that the 3 point hitch is used to attach the back hoe, but is it actually what holds it in place on the tractor? John.

/ 47 backhoe #5  
John I have not received my hoe yet so I do not know exactly how it mounts. It is not a standard 3pt hookup. You have to remove the lift arms & there are mounting brackets permanently mounted to the tractor. From what I understand after the oil lines are connected the hoe is attached with ease from the drivers seat. Chris