492 Steering Issue Part 2

/ 492 Steering Issue Part 2 #1  

sqdqo

Silver Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 492 w/Quicke Q750 loader
I mentioned that I had a steering issue with a 2004 492. When I start the engine I don't have steering for 5 minutes or so then it comes around. I have also noticed the loader not lifting smoothly it seems to pulse a little. I thought I may have low hydraulic fluid but I don't its at the max mark on the stick without the engine running. Do I have pump problems? Anyone's thoughts? The fluid looks clean. Tractor has 1300 hours on it.

/ 492 Steering Issue Part 2 #2  
I see more than one version of 492 listed in the parts book, based on serial number breaks. It seems the steering and auxiliary hydraulics are supplied by a twin stack pump with a common suction on all models, but I can't tell if the related tubes and connections are the same on all models. The problem you describe is a common one, and is often caused by loose connections(hose clamps) on the suction lines between the pump and oil reservoir. You might solve the problem by simply tightening all the clamps. If they are still the cheap, european style factory units, you may need to replace them, as they often become hard to turn with a thick coating of paint and merely give the impression of being tight

/ 492 Steering Issue Part 2
I will definitely check them out, thanks for the suggestion.

/ 492 Steering Issue Part 2 #4  
I will definitely check them out, thanks for the suggestion.
I realize that this may not get a response, but I am having the exact same problem on Massey 492, did you reach a solve please?

/ 492 Steering Issue Part 2 #6  
I realize that this may not get a response, but I am having the exact same problem on Massey 492, did you reach a solve please?
Has anybody solves this problem?