4IN1 Bucket with Grapple? PICS

/ 4IN1 Bucket with Grapple? PICS #1  

npalen

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B9200 HSTD and Mahindra 3015
Picked up this 4IN1 bucket locally at auction just recently. Not sure what I'm going to do with it, anybody need one? It is made by Land Pride to fit Kubota BX models and doesn't fit the bucket mounting on my B9200 so decided to add a top link bracket so it could be mounted on the 3PH as shown.

I've read a bunch of threads regarding 4IN1 buckets verses grapples and it seems like most prefer true grapples as the 4IN1 has only limited grapple capability. So got to wondering if a person could make a 4IN1 bolt-on grapple attachment similar to how a Piranna tooth bar is mounted. What you see is a styrofoam mockup of a grapple tooth taped to the 4IN1 bucket. The "tooth" is probably much larger than would be feasible but hopefully you get the idea.

The range of motion of a 4IN1 mounted on the FEL would be much greater than one mounted on the 3PH even with the hydraulic top link as shown. Looks like a fellow could "back rake" a bunch of debris and then "squeeze it".

So, anyways, just thought I would open a discussion to see what you guys think.

LandPride CB

Attachments

• 4IN1-3.jpg
    4IN1-3.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 552
  • 4IN1-2.jpg
    4IN1-2.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 496
  • 4IN1-1.jpg
    4IN1-1.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 450
   / 4IN1 Bucket with Grapple? PICS
Apparently no one thinks it is feasible. Guess a prototype will have to be built. :)

/ 4IN1 Bucket with Grapple? PICS #3  
Subscribed. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Xfaxman. :)

/ 4IN1 Bucket with Grapple? PICS #5  
Looking forward to it 🤙

/ 4IN1 Bucket with Grapple? PICS #6  
When I bought my Kubota M6040, new in 2009, the salesman showed me pictures of the Kubota 4 in 1 grapple/bucket. It's a great idea. My concern - the grapple would not open wide enough & maybe couldn't grip some of my larger Ponderosa pine chunks. Otherwise - it appears to be a great attachment.

/ 4IN1 Bucket with Grapple? PICS #7  
Im not clear what you are trying to do. Are you trying to make a grapple for the 3PH and simply using the 4in1 bucket as a substitute? Is there a reason why you wouldnt simply use the 4in1 on the front end loader? What are you expecting to carry on the back end, logs? The problem you are going to face is the 3PH won稚 ever lift high enough to clear obstacles if thats the case.

If you want to move wood Id say a root fork attachment would work better for you. If you are trying to load and haul gravel to 4in1 will work as is but you are severely limiting carrying capacity with all that hardware weight on your 3PH. Like a 3PH backhoe you are going to break something fast with your setup.

Thanks for the feedback, guys!

Mikester, I should have clarified that mounting the 4in1 bucket on the 3PH is/was mainly a temporary thing as it would need modification to fit the FEL on my B9200. (late 80's Kubota)
With that said, I am assuming that the 3PH would carry a lot more weight than the FEL but it is limited by the tractor manufacturer to prevent damage. I would feel more comfortable carrying weight on the larger rear tires than with a FEL on the small front end of the tractor.

My current thinking is that the 4in1 might need a bolt-on tooth package on both "jaws" of the 4in1 to expand it's carrying capacity. I may be trying to make a "silk purse from a sow's ear" but never hurts to think outside the box a bit. Besides, this old retired machine design engineer needs a good winter project. :)

I do agree that a 4in1 on the FEL is going to be much more versatile than one on the 3PH.

/ 4IN1 Bucket with Grapple? PICS #9  
Mother of invention is strong with this one! I don’t readily see a practical use...yet. Like most inventions it takes time to evolve.
For brush and tree work really need the articulation of the FEL and grapple to bunch, carry and pile debris.

Mount vertical on 3pt hitch for a post/tree puller? Fence wire unroller with hydraulic clamp to stretch?

/ 4IN1 Bucket with Grapple? PICS #10  
If you leave it on the 3pt hitch I think your tooth is on the wrong side. Mount the teeth to the stationary side and with a hydro top link you could back up to brush or logs, scoop them up, and clamp them down to move.

A 4 in 1 bucket on an FEL used by someone that is proficient is a site to be seen. I've used one a LOT on a skid steer and wouldn't own one any other way. I have almost NO experience using one on a FEL but one of these days I will get one.