50 Hour Service

/ 50 Hour Service #1  

TheMan419

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland Boomer 24
I am having the dealer do the first 50 hour service on my Boomer 24. Manual (and dealer confirm) the service calls for:

Change engine oil and filter
Change Fuel Filter
Change Hydro Filter
Grease a bunch of stuff (I have been greasing all zerks every 10 hours per manual)

It says nothing about the front axle which has its own oil dip stick. Is that just a check periodically and add gear oil as needed?

Also anything else I should have them look at while it is under their care? Machine has been working just fine with no issues, however I want to maintain that :)

Thanks for any advice!

/ 50 Hour Service #2  
Unless you have a punch list of things for them to check / fix, I think you are good.

By the way, you should be able to do all those PM items in the time it takes to transport the tractor to your dealer. I'm much more confident in my own ability to service my equipment than I am in my dealer's oil change jockeys.

/ 50 Hour Service
Unless you have a punch list of things for them to check / fix, I think you are good.

By the way, you should be able to do all those PM items in the time it takes to transport the tractor to your dealer. I'm much more confident in my own ability to service my equipment than I am in my dealer's oil change jockeys.

Yes and one day I will get to the point that I am comfortable doing that. I am not right now so dealer it is. I plan to watch him work and learn a bit too. Thankfully this is not a complete change of hydro fluid so not as costly.

I do not have a punch list of things as the machine is working flawlessly.... well unless the dealer could make it be more fuel efficient ;)

/ 50 Hour Service #4  
Yes and one day I will get to the point that I am comfortable doing that. I am not right now so dealer it is. I plan to watch him work and learn a bit too. Thankfully this is not a complete change of hydro fluid so not as costly.

I do not have a punch list of things as the machine is working flawlessly.... well unless the dealer could make it be more fuel efficient ;)

Fair enough. I think tractors are much simpler than automobiles. When you see how easy it is, you will be surprised.

/ 50 Hour Service
Fair enough. I think tractors are much simpler than automobiles. When you see how easy it is, you will be surprised.

I am sure that I will. :)

I am a city guy that married a horse girl so I am learning all this stuff at age 47.... we have been married 18 years, but just bought our "farm" (18 acres) so it is all new to me.

/ 50 Hour Service #6  
The front axle oil does need to be changed. Whether it's in this service or some other one can be debated. Branson calls for changing the transmission and front axle oils at the 50 hour service. After that, at 300 hours and every 300 thereafter. I think newer Kubotas do te first axle oil change with the major service at around 300 hours.

/ 50 Hour Service
The front axle oil does need to be changed. Whether it's in this service or some other one can be debated. Branson calls for changing the transmission and front axle oils at the 50 hour service. After that, at 300 hours and every 300 thereafter. I think newer Kubotas do te first axle oil change with the major service at around 300 hours.

Ok I will check on that. However in the dealer's defense when I called the service tech said he would look up the 50 hr service on my machine because they are all different. Then a couple hours later he called me back and went down the list of things that were to be done. From what I jotted down it appears to match the manual.

I will learn how to do this myself though. If I can do it in a couple hours and save what they are charging me for labor in the future that will be nice.