50 hr maintenace for a Kubota 7610 TLB

/ 50 hr maintenace for a Kubota 7610 TLB #1  

mfc1010

Tractor
05 kubota 7610 tlb
Hi Iam new at this and would like some advice on what I will need and any tricks to make it easier.
Thanks Mike

/ 50 hr maintenace for a Kubota 7610 TLB #2  
Hi Mike
I was new last year with a 7510 when I did my 50 hour.

Can I assume you have changed the oil in a car before?

Its the same thing, except you'll be changing 5 gallons, not 5 quarts.

1. Browse the manual
2. Buy the parts
3. Verify you have the right tools (~26mm wrench for the plug in the rear right wheel well)
4. Clean the tractor first
5. Have plenty of buckets/pans for catching used oils
6. If you have large pieces of cardboard, work on top of it, you will spill some fluids on the floor.
7. Give yourself all day - it should take about 4 hours.

Make notes as you go along on the poorly written manual / pictures. You won't be doing this again for at least 2 years.

Its not hard. Its just your first time.

Jazdale

/ 50 hr maintenace for a Kubota 7610 TLB #3  
Hi Mike,

It's not hard to begin with. Take your time, follow the instructions in the manual, and enjoy the tractor bonding experience. I am doing the 200 hr on my B7610 this weekend. Looking forward to it.

Take care,

KB

/ 50 hr maintenace for a Kubota 7610 TLB #4  
The manual only shows two plugs for the hydraulic drains. There are three. The manual only shows the sump and the left axle. The additional drain is the plug on the right axle housing.

You'll only drain around 3/4ths of the hydraulic fluid out. That's it, don't worry about it, it's that way for everybody.

Don't forget there are two hydraulic filters. The hydraulic filter and the hydrostatic transmission filter.

/ 50 hr maintenace for a Kubota 7610 TLB #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">(
I am doing the 200 hr on my B7610 this weekend. Looking forward to it.
)</font>

Wellll...I "enjoy" doing my own servicing...but can't say I look forward to it.... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif I'd rather be riding / working than wrenching
/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

But I do like the fact that CUTs are relatively simple to service. I found an inexpensive, self-adjusting oil filter wrench - like this one from Sears - works like a charm for all three (engine, HST, and hydraulic) filters.

You just need to make sure that you have a big enough pan for when you drain the main transmission - there's 2.5 - 3 gallons of SUDT in there....

Good luck!

Dan