50 hr service question for b3030hsdc Change the Hydro Fluid?

/ 50 hr service question for b3030hsdc Change the Hydro Fluid? #11  
Although this is my first tractor, all of my lawn tractors, vehicles, and atvs. I am a big believer in preventive maintenace.

/ 50 hr service question for b3030hsdc Change the Hydro Fluid? #12  
I changed my oil & fuel filter and front axle @ 50 hrs on my B3030 HSDC. I did my first full hydro change @ 140 hrs. I change oil every 50, fuel filter every 50,air filter as needed, coolant every 200, hydro every 300.

/ 50 hr service question for b3030hsdc Change the Hydro Fluid? #13  
Sorry to revive this OLD thread, but I am in the process of doing my 50 hour service on my B3030 right now.

The 2 trans filters have different part numbers, and are slightly different "sizes" (looks like length is only difference). My parts guy at the local dealer labeled one of them as the HST filter. However I don't know which one is which as far as where they go on the tractor!

The only thing I can think to do at this point is match the size of the ones I am taking off the tractor. The one on the right side is oriented front to back (the axis of the filter aligns with the longitudinal axis of the tractor) and is attached to a fitting with a tube coming out of it and going to what looks like a pump beside the engine. The other filter screws into the side of the transmission case on the LEFT side of the tractor with a cast-in fitting location similar to what you see on an engine block.

If I match the SIZES of the filters, the one that screws in on the LEFT side, going directly into the transmission CASE is the one he labeled "HST" and is part number 66021-36060 (it is blue). The one that matches the one of the right side of the tractor is part HH670-37710 and is grey in color and a bit longer.

Can anyone help me?!?!?!?!?!

Thanks,
Steve

/ 50 hr service question for b3030hsdc Change the Hydro Fluid? #14  
stimpee:

you've got it right. 36060 is the 'transmission' filter - shorter, left side.

37710 is the rest of the hydraulic system - longer, right side.

/ 50 hr service question for b3030hsdc Change the Hydro Fluid? #15  
Thanks a bunch!

I was out in the barn lubing up the o-rings on the filters to install them as outlined when I received your reply on my Blackberry! Nothing better than being a redneck with technology at my fingertips!

Got everything finished except the front axle fluid change. Not looking forward to that, since I think the only decent way to do it "cleanly" is going to involve removing the wheels so the fluid doesnt drool all over the wheels/tires.

Thanks!!

Steve

/ 50 hr service question for b3030hsdc Change the Hydro Fluid? #16  
While making a delivery out here the dealer service truck stopped by the ranch to change my fuel filter, Hydraulic fluid/three hydraulic filters.

I had 46 hours on the clock.

While I wasn't too enthused about a major service at only 50 hours, I noticed the three new M59 spin on hydraulic filters come with three ring magnets that seat on the filter's head. Pretty good idea since the old hydraulic filters' magnet rings were coated with metal shavings.

I stopped complaining.