50 Hrs 'bout time

/ 50 Hrs 'bout time #1  

at_obuk

Bronze Member
northeast penna. susquehanna county near the NY bo
Tractor
BX23
50 Hrs \'bout time

Finally got to the 50 hour point. Now I need to do the 50 hour thing.
Before I start I would like to have input from fellow Kubota members. Plus would someone be so kind as to point me to some past threads. One last thing, how do ya get to the oil filter?

Thanks,

Eric

/ 50 Hrs 'bout time #2  
Re: 50 Hrs \'bout time

Being a vet, I'm more than willing to help. You have a BX23 I see so I'm not sure if the set-up is the same as my 2230. But first read the manual. When your done read it again.

Then use the search button and type in 50 hour service. You'll get more hits than you ever imagined. I'm sure the guys with the 23 will reply for you.

If your not up to it you could have the dealer do it for a few hundred to be safe also........

/ 50 Hrs 'bout time #3  

I recently did the 200 hour service on my L3000 (about a week after I bought it used). I agree with reading the manual, very helpful. Have it handy while you're working as well.

The only thing I wish I knew before I started was that I was gonna need a funnel with a looooooooong neck to refill the oil. Luckily I had an old fire extinguisher around and was able to cut the nozzle off it to use as a funnel extender.

Also, again from experience, if you have a FEL and have the bucket raised up during the service, make sure you don't hit your head on it...OUCH!

/ 50 Hrs 'bout time #4  

You might have a little more luck in the Kabota forum. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ 50 Hrs 'bout time #5  

Howdy neighbor /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

My advice is to double check that you have all the correct filters (by comparing them to the ones on the unit, don't ask how I know /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif) before beginning to drain anything. I would also make sure you have the correct 26mm socket for the strainer (or at least that is the size on the BX1800 so I would assume the same on yours).

You will need a strap wrench to get the oil filter off and don't be suprised when either or both of the filters are on very tight.

Make sure you have at least 3 quarts of oil and 3 gallons of Super UDT. At least on mine the oil showed 2 qts and I wasn't pleased when it was short and I needed to go get more.

Other than that it is pretty easy to do unless you get caught with the wrong filter, not enough oil, or UDT instead of SUDT /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Oh and you will need a funnel with a long flexible hose or end to refill the SUDT. Getting in there is a pain without one.

Good luck,

/ 50 Hrs 'bout time #6  

<font color="blue"> You might have a little more luck in the Kabota forum. </font>

Not his fault...the thread started in the Owning/operating forum and someone moved it here... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ 50 Hrs 'bout time #7  

I missed when it started so if it started in the Owning/Operating forum, maybe someone moved it to the Kioti Owning forum by accident. Anyway, I've moved it to the Kubota Owning/Operating forum. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif