5045e won't start blows fuse when key is turned

/ 5045e won't start blows fuse when key is turned #1  

Jddeer

Tractor
John deere
I found out what was wrong with my 5045e John Deere the 10amp fuse kept blowing when I turned the key to start the tractor. After much head banging searching I turned to your form and in about 5 minutes had an answer that corrected the problem and the fuse stopped blowing and the tractor started right up. The problem seems to be a faulty Thermistor relay it's job is to advance the timing to help with cold weather starts it sets on top of the injector pump and runs up to the thermostat housing it unplugs. When I unplugged it like the others on this form my tractor stopped blowing fuses and started right up. And has been cranking ever since. The guys in the forum offer great advise and even the dealer part number for replacement. You can't get any better advise from any other fourm than this one they are spot on. Thanks to the form members for helping me sort out the problem.

/ 5045e won't start blows fuse when key is turned #2  
Welcome to TBN
Googling the solution to your tractor's non start should show an overabundance of hits since the sensor in question has been failing since the mid 90's.

/ 5045e won't start blows fuse when key is turned #3  
I'm guessing you probably don't need that sensor? :palmtree::palmtree::palmtree::palmtree:

/ 5045e won't start blows fuse when key is turned #4  
Sensor only really required in very cold weather.