5065E Power Reverser issue

/ 5065E Power Reverser issue #1  

RyanTX

Tractor
John Deere 5065E
Hey guys, got a 5065E about 160 hours on it and Power Reverser and its stuck with the a flashing neutral indicator. It will not complete the cycle to go solid N so the tractor is stuck. I have tried just about everything I can think of.

Anyone else get this issue?

/ 5065E Power Reverser issue #2  
Have you checked for a blown fuse? Have you checked all 3 reverser sensors for voltage or loose wires? I personally dislike all the electronic controlled functions on some of the new tractors. Hyd reverser on my '11 tractor is cable operated hyd valve.

/ 5065E Power Reverser issue
I have checked the fuses in Fuse Box 1, all ok. I know there is a fuse box 2 with relays in it but I doubt they are bad. I think you are going to be right on this one, seems like its waiting to complete a check. Do you know which sensors? Seat? Clutch? Gear Selection? etc.... I reckon I need a repair manual... ;)

Last edited:
   / 5065E Power Reverser issue #4  
I have checked the fuses in Fuse Box 1, all ok. I know there is a fuse box 2 with relays in it but I doubt they are bad. I think you are going to be right on this one, seems like its waiting to complete a check. Do you know which sensors? Seat? Clutch? Gear Selection? etc.... I reckon I need a repair manual... ;)

I know nothing about a5065E except that it is green. Nevertheless, you might try disconnecting the battery for several minutes to reset the computer(s).

/ 5065E Power Reverser issue #5  
Hey guys, got a 5065E about 160 hours on it and Power Reverser and its stuck with the a flashing neutral indicator. It will not complete the cycle to go solid N so the tractor is stuck. I have tried just about everything I can think of.

I bet this is a sensor issue and nothing else.

If you have a wiring diagram to share, I can (very likely) tell you how to bypass the sensor or tell the ECU computer the gear selection signal in order to diagnose the issue.

/ 5065E Power Reverser issue #6  

This happens when I left the shifter in park and move the reverser lever. On our old 5105m I was once able to put the shifter in 3rd and it still thought it was in park. I had to move it in and out of park several times to get what I thought was the shifter sensor to move so that it would realize it was physically in gear. Perhaps yours still thinks it is in park. Is there a lever or something on the parking sensor that may be bent making it think it is still in park?

/ 5065E Power Reverser issue #7  
It appears there are several sensors involved on the power reverser.

Attachments

• 0001928880____________A1.gif
    0001928880____________A1.gif
    53 KB · Views: 1,913