5065e work light switch?

/ 5065e work light switch? #1  

Rmd8136

Gold Member
Tractor
Deere 5065e MFWD
My 5065e has a rear work light mounted on the left ROPS bar. I don't know how to turn it on or off. There is no description in the owners manual. It may come on when you turn on the headlights. I have not checked and will not be back to my farm for a week . Does anyone know what switch operates it?

/ 5065e work light switch? #2  
I have two rear work lights on my 5045E. They come on when you turn the headlight switch to position D or E. See your owner,s manual section 20-1. I don't particularly like this arrangement as I'd like to be able to turn on just the work lights at times. Perhaps your dealer wired yours up differently as it is a dealer installed part, so asking the mechanic that set up your tractor would be your best route.

/ 5065e work light switch? #3  
Mine comes on at one of the positions with the headlights. I don't recall which one and would like separate control over it but apparently it doesn't bother me enough to do something about it.

/ 5065e work light switch?
Thanks. I will be with my tractor tomorrow and see which positions turn it on. I was hoping for an independent switch. My dealer got this tractor from another dealer and did not install it.

/ 5065e work light switch? #5  
Thanks. I will be with my tractor tomorrow and see which positions turn it on. I was hoping for an independent switch. My dealer got this tractor from another dealer and did not install it.

If you really need it on its own circuit you can wire a new switch for it. Typically when one is doing field work at night you light things up pretty good. I like having fender work lights in addition to the rear.

/ 5065e work light switch? #6  
My complaint is that you can't plow snow at night with the lights on low beam without the warning lights flashing and the rear work lights glaring into the face of any driver that comes up behind you. I will probably change this once a little more of the "New" is off the tractor.

/ 5065e work light switch? #7  
I installed the factory light on my previous tractor and was easy to connect as there was already a wire and plug run for it. Thought about mounting a switch and running my own feed to be able to have more control but never did. My current tractor already had the light mounted so I have not messed with it. Not a big fan of wires running every which way. Would want to think it out and make look professional.