540 PTO extension

/ 540 PTO extension
I believe that, that style of extension was used with the farmhand brand loaders when they used a pto pump for the loaders.
i have no clue where you could find one now.
Good luck

Farmhand pump.jpegIMG_1466.jpegmower.jpegpto through pump.jpeg

You are right, it is a Farmhand. You got me thinking--maybe I should add another thread in the "attachments" section. Surely, someone else has a similar problem and a solution to go with it.

/ 540 PTO extension #12  
I haven't seen one of those in many years,
would it be possible to use one of the newer style long extensions.
Put it on your tractor, slid the pump on as far as possible and have a usable shaft extending beyond the pump?
https://www.ebay.com/i/401504230677?chn=ps
It would move your pump back several inches.

/ 540 PTO extension
I haven't seen one of those in many years,
would it be possible to use one of the newer style long extensions.
Put it on your tractor, slid the pump on as far as possible and have a usable shaft extending beyond the pump?
https://www.ebay.com/i/401504230677?chn=ps
It would move your pump back several inches.

Will see how far I can move the pump back--thanks--this may be the only solution. Seems that few folks remember this item and no one has seen one for years.

/ 540 PTO extension #15  
Good luck, I've used the extensions on my 574 as it has dual shafts, 540 and 1000.
I have a hydraulic pump that wouldn't fit without the extensions and I have had a couple snap off from the length and vibration at times.

/ 540 PTO extension #16  
You are right, it is a Farmhand. You got me thinking--maybe I should add another thread in the "attachments" section. Surely, someone else has a similar problem and a solution to go with it.

As has been spoken before "picture is worth a 1000 words''. Please next time you post a question about the 4010 please state it's an 80 HP rowcrop model not CUT model. It appears ruffdog has your broken shaft problem solved. Now to address the reason the shaft broke. The slip clutch on the rotary mower is stuck causing shaft to break when some obstruction was encountered. I'll suggest to free up slip clutch before something inside tractor gets destroyed!!!

/ 540 PTO extension #17  
Well...sort of...A solid shaft would be MUCH stronger than the hollow expandable one the OP broke. The expandable version is needed so it stays in the pump while the cutter pto is attached to the other end. Not the safest situation.

/ 540 PTO extension #18  
Will a splined shaft slide through that pump? Appears it will from the pics.

/ 540 PTO extension #19  
Yes I think a solid 6 splined 1-3/8 shaft will slide through pump.

/ 540 PTO extension #20  
Thanks Tx Jim. Sounds like a better solution then.. with a better pump support than shown.

That, or get the pump moved to a different location than on the PTO.

The part that was tore up was not a good solution (obviously) to drive a rotary cutter. So wouldn't go that route again.