5455 missing

/ 5455 missing #1  

Paulrut

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 5455
I have a 2009 Massey Ferguson 5455 tier 3. It has started missing and experiencing power loss. I changed fuel filters and checked for water in fuel. After new filters there is no improvement. Have any of you experienced this problem? Is there a way that I can check codes without going through the dealership? Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

/ 5455 missing #2  
I have a 2009 Massey Ferguson 5455 tier 3. It has started missing and experiencing power loss. I changed fuel filters and checked for water in fuel. After new filters there is no improvement. Have any of you experienced this problem? Is there a way that I can check codes without going through the dealership? Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
Remove the sending unit and or pick-up line and empty the tank. Maybe a bum plug on the bottom.

I find it better and easier to use a shaker siphon. Then a shop vac to suck the crud out.

Then blow out all the lines with compressed air.

If no help, then remove the injection pump and injectors for overhaul.

/ 5455 missing
Remove the sending unit and or pick-up line and empty the tank. Maybe a bum plug on the bottom.

I find it better and easier to use a shaker siphon. Then a shop vac to suck the crud out.

If no help, then remove the injection pump and injectors for overhaul.

Thanks for your advise.

/ 5455 missing

If no help, then remove the injection pump and injectors for overhaul.[/QUOTE

/ 5455 missing
Thanks for your help.

/ 5455 missing #6  
Thanks for your help.
You're welcome! Did it fix the problem?

It could also be the wax timing advance piece on the injection pump or the temp sender that controls the wax timing advance.

Pumpguysc can enlighten you further if you need it. He overhauls these pumps. I just know enough to get in trouble after changing these parts. You will need some special tools to remove the pump and a manual. There is no external timing on this unit and it needs to be precisely timed.1 degree off and you have to start from square 1 all over again.

I use a long 10mm bolt for the crank timing pin. As long as that is right and the valves are in the right place, you should be ok. Mark your timing gears from the pump to the sun gear.

If you pull the injection pump, you might as well put a new water pump on too (depending on age and hours). The water pump is timing gear driven on the Perkins 1104. A bad or worn seal will introduce coolant into the engine.