3-Point Hitch 545D 3-pt and Remotes

/ 545D 3-pt and Remotes #1  

wduff

Tractor
Ford 2600 NH545D JD3720
Hi All!
Been lurking and absorbing for a couple of years...
Could use some help...

I have a new-to-me low hours 545D cab model beast with 4WD, 3 pt and one wierd add on rear remote. The 3 pt position control only works in the last little bit of travel; in any Draft position setting. Position is all or nothing and hard to control. I understand Draft should be max to use the Position control. I suspect a problem with the remote oil control valve.

I have one remote with a funny cover that has a shaft that goes UP thru the cab floor and is attached to a short rotary handle in front of the seat. Never seen anything like it before. Can barely move due to rust.

I want to replace my rusted up single remote with an electric over hydraulic setup - using a Tisco HV4901 or HV5901 adaptor plate. the 5901 says not for D series, BUT seems like what I need cause it has Pout, Pbeyond and Sump ports whereas the 4901 only has Pbeyond and Pout. Since I can get a D03 sub plate with P, Pbeyond and Sump, the 5901 option seems best. That way I won't need to plumb the return into the sump fill port.

Or is there something else special about the D series that is a no-go with the 5901?

Comments? Help? Soundguy?

Thanks for any help. Hope to know enough to return the favor some day.

/ 545D 3-pt and Remotes #2  
Wduff, if it is an 8x8 transmission w/pto, then it has a 10 gpm pump. The HV5901 is for a single pump or 5-6 gpm pump system. The problem is heat buildup in the rear hydraulic system. When Ford came out with this option and a top and tilt kit was installed, the recommendation was to turn the flow valve down half-way or less. We installed these on that tractor without problem. The tractors we ordered had the rear axle cooler because we were in the southwest.
The HV5901 should work alright if you turn the flow rate down.

By the way, can you send a picture of the current setup?

/ 545D 3-pt and Remotes #3  
Also, I just re-read your post about the 3 point problem. The draft (inner lever) should be at minimum or down. The position control (outer lever) should operate as intended throughout the travel. The 545D has a quadrant tower extension. Sometimes the linkage gets pushed around so that lower linkage disc (18) gets flipped beyond the normal range and gets stuck on the backside of travel. This may be the problem on your tractor.

ForumRunner_20140529_212641.png

/ 545D 3-pt and Remotes
Thanks TractorTech!

Yes, 8x8 with hydraulic reverser. You may have hit it. The cab was just tilted up to replace the disks and plates and maybe the dealer got the 3 pt linkage messed up. I will check next week - the tractor is at my farm 120 miles away.

So the two hydraulic top plates should physically interchange? Just keep the flow reasonable?

Love the 545!

/ 545D 3-pt and Remotes #5  
Two top plates? The manifold sandwiches between the top cover and the factory hydraulic cover plate, so yes if that's what you mean.

Just another look, the 545D and the 4630 are basically the same. Here is the same block (#3) from Ford New Holland, used to add a second pump for loader operation. ForumRunner_20140530_070819.png The top plate in the picture is different and a priority valve is added to combine the flows of two pumps, with the second pump added as part of the kit, but the adapter plate is serving the same purpose of using oil from the rear axle pump to be used for external means.

/ 545D 3-pt and Remotes #6  
My 545C 3 pt hitch will not rise fast or high enough.
The inside draft lever is stuck all the way up, but this is the postition I use on my 545C and it works great.
Do I need to replace, rebuild, or adjust everything?

/ 545D 3-pt and Remotes #7  
My 545C 3 pt hitch will not rise fast or high enough.
The inside draft lever is stuck all the way up, but this is the postition I use on my 545C and it works great.
Do I need to replace, rebuild, or adjust everything?