5460 rear remotes

/ 5460 rear remotes #11  
My Grand L6060 didn’t come with any rear remotes. Will be adding it this fall. My Massey Fergusson 1749 cam with one set standard and I miss it mainly the hydro top link.

Came standard with work lights front and back. Rear window defogger. I didn’t even know you could get defogger for the corner windows.

/ 5460 rear remotes #12  
.... I am trying to decide if I need to equip the tractor with rear remotes and if so what type and quantity. ....What am I missing as to the uses of rear remotes. What is the difference between float and double acting valves?....

Others can correct me if terminology is wrong, but a double acting valve is usually spring return to center. Cylinder extends or retracts as long as you're pushing lever one direction or another. When lever is released it returns to center position, cylinder is "locked" in last position.

Float valves operates same as double acting valve, except you can push lever beyond its normal operating range to an additional detent position where it stays until manually returned to the neutral center (closed) position. In detent position the cylinder will float. That is, unpressurized hydraulic oil is free to move in and out of the cylinder and the cylinder offers no mechanical resistance. When I use rear blade to plow snow in winter I put the blade's "tilt" cylinder in float so that the blade can follow contours instead of one edge digging in or raising above snow. This is similar to having float on a 3 point hitch tilt cylinder so that a backblade can follow the grounds contour instead of rotating with every bump and dip of tractor's rear axle.

"Float detent" is just one type of detent valve. There's also detent valve that when the lever is moved beyond the normal spring return range to detent position the valve will stay open and pressurized hydraulic flow will be continuous. The detent position on this valve is used for applications like a hydraulic pump or a wood-splitter that require continuous flow.

/ 5460 rear remotes #13  
Others can correct me if terminology is wrong, but a double acting valve is usually spring return to center. Cylinder extends or retracts as long as you're pushing lever one direction or another. When lever is released it returns to center position, cylinder is "locked" in last position.

Float valves operates same as double acting valve, except you can push lever beyond its normal operating range to an additional detent position where it stays until manually returned to the neutral center (closed) position. In detent position the cylinder will float. That is, unpressurized hydraulic oil is free to move in and out of the cylinder and the cylinder offers no mechanical resistance. When I use rear blade to plow snow in winter I put the blade's "tilt" cylinder in float so that the blade can follow contours instead of one edge digging in or raising above snow. This is similar to having float on a 3 point hitch tilt cylinder so that a backblade can follow the grounds contour instead of rotating with every bump and dip of tractor's rear axle.

"Float detent" is just one type of detent valve. There's also detent valve that when the lever is moved beyond the normal spring return range to detent position the valve will stay open and pressurized hydraulic flow will be continuous. The detent position on this valve is used for applications like a hydraulic pump or a wood-splitter that require continuous flow.

Excellent description and examples of the different types of valves and uses. :thumbsup:

/ 5460 rear remotes
As the OP, I should have updated the thread. My Grand L was delivered last week with one rear remote with a float valve. I also had the third function added for a grapple I will soon order.

/ 5460 rear remotes #15  
I have a L4240 with 2 remotes. One is always filled with the top link. I use the other with the chipper. I am ordering a M7060 with three remotes for a rear blade with three pistons. I believe I can use an electric valve control for two of them since I will still have a hydraulic top link. I believe it is less costly to have three done up front plus they can be financed. I recommend 2 ports as a minimum.

Mike

/ 5460 rear remotes #16  
Trust me, once you start making adjustments hydraulically, you will never willingly go back to manual adjustments.

Yep, that's right. Move a lever while you're operating vs stop, lower the implement, get off and wrestle with the manual adjuster.
Top and tilt also make hooking up implements easier. Between that and extendable lower links plus telescoping stabilizers I don't feel a need for a quick hitch (plus modifiying half my implements to work with it).