553 FEL very powerful and versatile

/ 553 FEL very powerful and versatile #1  

Rmd8136

Gold Member
Tractor
Deere 5065e MFWD
I have a 5065e with 9/3 TSS Sync shuttle transmission and MFWD with filled rear tires. It has the 553 loader with HD bucket. I am fairly new (4 years) to tractors and use mine to maintain an 80 acre farm with timber, food plots and road maintenance. I continue to be impressed at the power of the FEL. I use it for brush clearing including pushing over small trees. This weekend I was pushing over 2-3" diameter Sweet Gum trees at a time including root balls. In low range and 4WD it is a very powerful tractor. I have hauled buckets of gravel, about 1500 lbs per trip filling ruts in logging roads. I have moved large stumps that were excavated with a TRAC-hoe. I find in pushing large piles of brush curling and dumping the bucket while pushing forward is a technique that helps keep moving if Traction is a problem. I also keep it close to ground when bush-hogging to knock over small trees before going over the with my Bush Hog 296 cutter. In summary, I am very glad I got the FEL. I can't imagine not having it and continue to be amazed at its power. If I sound like a rookie, sorry. This is my first tractor and I am very impressed.

/ 553 FEL very powerful and versatile #2  
Sounds like you are having a great time. :thumbsup:

When you get around to adding forks to that FEL, you will discover a whole new dance time.. if like me, the forks are on for more than half the different jobs around the timber farm here.

But no rush.. enjoy!

/ 553 FEL very powerful and versatile
Sounds good. I have been really wanting a grapple too but they seem pretty expensive. I have 1 unused remote valve on the back of machine. It seems like the loader options are numerous.

/ 553 FEL very powerful and versatile #4  
If you are impressed at what you can do with the FEL, and it is a lot, you aren't going to be fit to live with if you get a grapple. :D

/ 553 FEL very powerful and versatile
Yea, I think you are right. Been watching u-tubes and they look awesome.