553 loader leveling , left to right?

/ 553 loader leveling , left to right? #1  

Rmd8136

Gold Member
Tractor
Deere 5065e MFWD
When the loader is installed, there seems to be no adjustment for leveling, left to right ? I assume the extent to which it is level is determined by the chassis casting tolerances and most importantly the locations of the drilled and tapped holes for the attaching bolts. I have determined, using a 4 foot level , that my bucket is parallel to the top of the mounting frame . Sometimes, when comparing the hood guard to the bucket, it may not be exactly parallel. I guess since the back axle is rigidly attached to chassis (no relative rotation) the mounting frame and bucket lateral (left to right) orientation is determined by back and front axle pivots about center as determined by ground contour under front tires. I am an Engineer and never owned a tractor before getting my 5065e this week so forgive me if I sound like I don't know what I am talking about. Mine can't be more than 1/2 to 1 inch out , if at all. But I realize the level indicator rod is the perpindicular direction (curl).

/ 553 loader leveling , left to right? #2  
Uneven air pressure in rear tires will affect bucket level to the ground. As you stated bucket level indicator rod is for fore & aft of bucket and has nothing to do with side to side level.

/ 553 loader leveling , left to right? #3  
If you figure out how use, or when to use, the level indicator (rod), let me know.
Is it only to be uses when the bucket lift arms are all the way and you can detect the curl with it?
I just usually ignore it and look at the top plane of the bucket.

/ 553 loader leveling , left to right?
Dealer told me when the V on rod settles into the loop, the bottom of bucket is parallel to ground . Manual agrees with description. My question is regarding left to right leveling . I don't think it is adjustable . You have what you have

/ 553 loader leveling , left to right? #5  
"You have what you have " regarding left to right. Probably right. ....but if off just a minor amount, can you adjust how the bucket goes onto the pivot arms, maybe shim up (or grind down) one side where the pivot arms tuck up under the top bucket mount? Although at some point you will misalign the bottom stud on the bucket with the hole on the pivot arms.

Now I'm curious: Why do you need to be so exact? -Given that the ground rolls, uneven tire pressure,. loading, and in my case I've slightly sprung/deformed one side of cutting edge by lifting rocks or logs that were too big.

Regarding: "when the V on rod settles into the loop, the bottom of bucket is parallel to ground": Is that ONLY true when the lift arms are in one position? All the way down?

/ 553 loader leveling , left to right? #6  
Dealer told me when the V on rod settles into the loop, the bottom of bucket is parallel to ground . Manual agrees with description. My question is regarding left to right leveling . I don't think it is adjustable . You have what you have
Even AIR PRESSURE IN REAR TIRES
will make bucket level if something isn't tweeked.

/ 553 loader leveling , left to right?
I don't need to be that exact. Just curious about adjustability or lack of it. It is fine. Your question about the level indicator being accurate all the way down, is a good one. Since the 553 is a non self leveling (NSL) loader I would guess you are right . The manual is not that specific. I would defer to more experienced guys. I just got my first tractor this week.

/ 553 loader leveling , left to right? #8  
Rmd8136
I was just trying to answer your side to side bucket level questions. To my knowledge no tractor loader has any adjustment for side to side bucket level other than what I stated. The bucket level indicator rod on a NSL loader will only be correct when adjusted properly when bucket is sitting level on the ground or concrete. Once boom is raised very much the bucket level indicator is inaccurate.

/ 553 loader leveling , left to right? #9  
The bucket on my loader level and on the ground seems like the left side is 1" higher hope I didn't bend something poping rocks out:(

/ 553 loader leveling , left to right? #10  
If you flog them prying rocks out you will rack the loader arms, usually on the side you can see better. Load some on the other side and rack it back to close enough. A 553 loader is very rugged and takes a lot of abuse but can't keep perfectly aligned with the tractor under repeated off center loading. My old David Brown loader would rack to the point that one arm would rub against the brush guard on the side of the radiator. It had been slighty used by some newby :-( to the point that it was sloppy in all it's joints.