5740C Mat

/ 5740C Mat #1  

NetworkMD

Silver Member
Tractor
Montana 5740C
Now that it is raining I had some time I created a pattern of the floor of the 5740C and then cut out a mat using all weather mat matieral with rubberized backing: Please see attached pics

Attachments

• Jeep 08 CRD 058 (Medium).jpg
    Jeep 08 CRD 058 (Medium).jpg
    84 KB · Views: 301
  • Jeep 08 CRD 057 (Medium).jpg
    Jeep 08 CRD 057 (Medium).jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 302
   / 5740C Mat #2  
Hey, The mat looks really good... Did you notice any difference in the sound level in the cab with the additional mat? Just wondering...

/ 5740C Mat
Thank you, Yes just a little because of the extra buffering I really like the cab of this Montana that was a factor in my purchase.

This helps me keep it cleaner when the mat is dirty I just take it out and hose it off.

:)

/ 5740C Mat #4  
Looks good my friend!! You did some nice work! Care to share the measurements with the rest of us?

BTW, that's the CLEANEST I've seen a 5740C since I bought mine new!! I had forgotten that one could be that clean!! LOL!!

/ 5740C Mat
Thanks Unclebuck, yours is not bad either :)

After the main season is over for us I clean the equipment and keep it in the garage, plus we had almost no rain this year so there was no mud

I will be glad to share, what I did was go to walmart and bought 3 22x28 posterboard paper .38 Ea, and a nice mat they had for around $16 that was grey and 28x51" I used the posterboard to easily make a pattern so I could tape a piece back if I messed up I just measured each corner and cut and fitted the posterboard until it was a perfect fit, then used it to trace on the mat and cut with a sharp utility knife.

Thank you

/ 5740C Mat #6  
Floor mat looks great, but probably wouldn't work for me. Too much beach sand, whatever filtered through the fabric, would just sandpaper the rubber mat. What caught my eye was your seat. Is it stock?, or an upgrade?. Mine is the shiny hard plastic kind of seat that shines the back of your pants up, and if you don't have your seatbelt on, will make you question why you came down this steep hill as you slide toward the front of the tractor. Sidey

/ 5740C Mat
Hi Bushtamer, I agree the mat would not work in all cases, but I generally work in dry grassy areas.

My dealer puts these seats in many of the Cab tractors he sell and I love it primarly for the lumbar adjustment capability, and armrests puts my hand at the right place for the loader control. I will try to find a brand or part number on the seat and add to the post.

The one thing to watch is the left armrest is close to the wiper fluid bottle.

Thanks