580d brake problems

/ 580d brake problems #1  

Rmkustoms

Tractor
86 580d
I changed the master cylinders and slave cylinders after bleeding the pedals stay locked up as you can't push them down unless you bleed them off. Not sure where to go now did I get some bad parts? Wouldn't think so as both sides are doing the same thing. Case 580d 1986

/ 580d brake problems #2  
There should be "Free Play" before they move the internal pistons.
Is there an adjustment to the rods going to the cylinders?
You might need to back off on them if you can.

/ 580d brake problems
There should be "Free Play" before they move the internal pistons.
Is there an adjustment to the rods going to the cylinders?
You might need to back off on them if you can.

I tried that and it didn't fix the problem. I have about a 1/2" before it engages the master cylinder I even backed off the self adjusters to about an inch of play. The parking brake will apply the brakes but the petal won't move at all unless you release the bleeder valves.

/ 580d brake problems #4  
I don't know that this would cause the problem, but, what did you use in the system..?? Wasn't the D series the first to use Hy-Tran in the braking system..?? Seems I remember reading somewhere my C series was the last to use Type 3 brake fluid.

/ 580d brake problems
I don't know that this would cause the problem, but, what did you use in the system..?? Wasn't the D series the first to use Hy-Tran in the braking system..?? Seems I remember reading somewhere my C series was the last to use Type 3 brake fluid.

They say right on them use brake fluid and made sure I got both parts together.
Thanks for your help anyways I'll keep trying

/ 580d brake problems #6  
Were they aftermarket parts, or from Case..?? Just for curiosity, I did a Google search on 580D brakes, and everyone says to use Hy-Tran in the brakes. Do you have a service manual, or operators to check and see..?? I even did a search for the Case master cylinders, and came across them at a page from Coleman Equipment. And on that page, is a warning decal. It is part #20 in the exploded view. If you put your cursor (if on a computer) on the decal in the exploded view, it will enlarge it enough to read, even though it is vertical, you can still make it out. "Caution Do not use DOT 3 Brake Fluid" Parts for Case 580D Loader Backhoes I'm thinking those MC's & slaves were designed to be used with hyd. oil, and the brake fluid has ruined the o-rings. Either fluid is on the backside of the piston not letting them release, or, ate the cups in the slaves, and no pressure to push back.

I sincerely hope this is not the case, but everything I've read had the same exact symptoms, that you are having. You could probably get by with rebuild kits, if they are available, and it would be a lot less expensive.

/ 580d brake problems
I got the hyster forklift master and slave cylinders new and they use brake fluid only for two of each it was shipped to the hose for under $350. All new not rebuilds

/ 580d brake problems
The only problem I had was the slave cylinder rods we one inch shorter so I switched them out and everything works great now. Thanks for all your help

/ 580d brake problems #9