6 way on truck to 7 way on trailer?

/ 6 way on truck to 7 way on trailer? #1  

hrcarver

Gold Member
Tractor
jd 6120, 7200, 7700 - ford 2910, 3000, 7610, 7740 - IH 140(2), Super A - kubota m6040
I'm in a bind this week and borrowing a truck from a friend, truck has a 6 pin round trailer wiring hook up, trailer has the 7 pin flat. I will definitely be needing brakes on this run.

Never seen an adapter like that. Can I make it work in 2 days?:confused:

/ 6 way on truck to 7 way on trailer? #2  
I'm in a bind this week and borrowing a truck from a friend, truck has a 6 pin round trailer wiring hook up, trailer has the 7 pin flat. I will definitely be needing brakes on this run.

Never seen an adapter like that. Can I make it work in 2 days?:confused:

As long as the brakes are wired correctly on both sides, there's probably an adaptor commercially available to fuse the two. I've got a whole series of adaptors for everything from 4-7 pin for the factory GM 7pin.

You could make a temporary adaptor, but I'm not a big fan of that when brakes are involved.

Last edited:
   / 6 way on truck to 7 way on trailer? #3  
I'm pretty sure you'll find an adaptor at any of the major auto parts stores. RV supply stores will have them for sure, but at twice the price.

What I would do if I was you would be to go to tsc or something comparable and buy a new RV plug for my truck. Place it right next to the 6 pin or close and it will never be a problem again. Probably cheaper than an adaptor at an RV supply place too.

/ 6 way on truck to 7 way on trailer? #4  
Adapters ate available but I would just ask if you can do him a favor and get him with the tours and wire up a 7 way plug. You can also make a adapter with a 6 way male and a 7 way female.

Chris

/ 6 way on truck to 7 way on trailer?
Finally found the right adapter at the last parts store in town. Of course, it was like 3x more $ than every other plug adapter I've ever seen. $35 Ouch!:mad: I swear all of the other ones were $10 or less. Cheaper than taking an hour to wire it I reckon.

Thanks yall.

/ 6 way on truck to 7 way on trailer? #6  
Finally found the right adapter at the last parts store in town. Of course, it was like 3x more $ than every other plug adapter I've ever seen. $35 Ouch!:mad: I swear all of the other ones were $10 or less. Cheaper than taking an hour to wire it I reckon.

Thanks yall.

That's the way it works...You're good to go now:D

Keep the adaptor where you can find it...That's my biggest problem.

/ 6 way on truck to 7 way on trailer?
No kidding. Agrisupply has the same freaking one for $12, but that is a 2 hour trip one way. I know that I'm better off because I need it for tuesday am, but it still sucks to pay way more than double the price. That kind of stuff just makes me mad.:smiley_aafz:

You can bet that I'll keep up with it.