60" rear blade on B2620

/ 60" rear blade on B2620 #11  
To give you a visual, this is my 5' blade on the back of my B2920. I was using the FEL to clean up a drift that was too much to push. There is still plenty of clearance for a 6' blade to clear the tires. As mentioned above, I opted for the 5' version because I could not get it raised high enough to tilt it to the max setting with the 6'. At the max angle, it will cover my tracks, but only by a small margin.

Attachments

• Dumping snow 12-27-09 2.jpg
    Dumping snow 12-27-09 2.jpg
    441.6 KB · Views: 558
   / 60" rear blade on B2620 #12  
I know this is a Kubota pricing thread, but I wonder if people can tell me what they paid for various aftermarket rear blades from Land Pride, Woods, etc.

Are you happy with the blade? Any limitations or design features that bug you - i.e. pin position's awkward, welds break, etc?

Does your model allow for offsetting the blade? Or pivoting to channel a groove?

I would imagine 60" is perfect for the new B-series 2320-2920? Would a 72" overpower the tractor while grading gravel? I'm sure it would handle snow, but I have a road to maintain.

I have a B2920 with a 60 inch LP blade. After our last snow storm, I'm thinking that it's really to small, and I am now shopping for a 6ft tilt blade. When blading snow, you have it in a angle position to kick the snow off to the side, so the horizontal coverage of a 5 ft blade is now only 4ft. When you come back from the opposite direction, you have to overlap the leading angle of the blade, making the coverage only about 3ft. 3+4 = 7ft lane, which is -just- big enough to get a car or truck in, but then it gets harder with a short blade to push the snow berms over.

I wouldn't think that a 6ft blade for gravel would be a problem for a 2620. If you start to get to loaded up, you can always raise the blade slightly or use the top link to change the scoop angle on the blade to not be so aggressive.

I think I paid $450 for my blade. It doesn't do tilt. The local dealer does have some 6ft Woods blades that are new but blemished (rust) that he is trying to move for $350. (but I want tilt).:D

/ 60" rear blade on B2620 #13  
Wish I could say I've got the same problem with dealers around here wanting to get rid of blades.

I've got 2 Kubota dealers owned by the same people, they didn't want to price out anything the last time I was there, now their yard looks like a ghost town at one of their shops.

The other mainly deals with large equipment and could care less about the smaller equipment. They've got a BX24, 2620 and B26 that have been rotting in their yard for almost 3 years.

Barring that, I've got the only Case dealer in CT as well as the other color dealers, so quality can be had, if I want to pay for it.

TSC has a few that look like they've been sitting for a bit, digs and rust, but I doubt they'll want to deal on them.

/ 60" rear blade on B2620 #14  
A John Deere dealer near me has a Frontier RB2060 for $495, looks like they have been sitting there awhile. Kubota dealer told me $700 for a Land Pride RBT1560. That Frontier blade does have tilt, but no offset.

/ 60" rear blade on B2620 #15  
I use a 6' rear blade on my 2620. I got if for $130 about 6 years ago from Rural King. It is made by Wallace auto Parts. It is very rare that the blade will load up with too much material for the tractor to pull. Only once in snow close to a foot deep would it push the rear sideways and I don't have loaded tires. The FEL helps alot with 4wd to pull it along. My driveway is about 1400' long and has about a 100' elevation change so I have to grade the gravel several times a year with heavy rain and I plow snow if we get much over 1/2". It has held up just fine and I believe I have got more than my money's worth out of it. It doesn't tilt or have a removable cutting edge. I recommend a 6' blade, unless you have a specific reason for needing the 5'.

Good Luck ! :)

/ 60" rear blade on B2620 #16  
So is the consensus that a 6' will clear and be able to be swung 180* when needed, or is that too much?

Now if some of you guys that keep finding these implement deals could send them up here.....

/ 60" rear blade on B2620 #17  
please excuse my ignorance. what exactly does "lift capacity" refer to when used in back scraper blade conversation ?

/ 60" rear blade on B2620 #18  
The other mainly deals with large equipment and could care less about the smaller equipment. They've got a BX24, 2620 and B26 that have been rotting in their yard for almost 3 years.

The 2620 hasn't even been around for 3 years.

/ 60" rear blade on B2620 #19  
The brochures I picked up from them I'd swear was from from 1st quarter 07, just as they were getting rid of the 7800, because another dealer was trying to push me into one of those with a 3Pt. BH instead of a subframe mounted unit.

I know the tractors had been there at least 2 years.