72" MMM on 2520

/ 72" MMM on 2520 #1  

bradc

Tractor
72\" MMM on 2520

In case anyone was wondering , the 72" mmm used on the 4115 will mount right up to the 2520 perfectly. When I bought my 2520 last week , my dealer had a leftover 72 and we put it on. I mowed last night and the tractor handles it perfectly. In deep thick grass it maintains rpm without a problem. The disadvantages of the 72 being your ability to get between tight areas, the advanatages to me are greater though as it cuts my mow time way down. Additionally it is Much easier to get close to things because it extends out past the tire width more than a 62. That extra 5 inches on each side allows you to cut in closer to obstacles where the tires may otherwise interfere, such as along a berm that is not perfectly staright and you have to keep steering. just thought anyone looking wondering about a 72 should know they work great.

/ 72" MMM on 2520 #2  
Re: 72\" MMM on 2520

Nice, leftover equates to a price break, right?? That extra 10" would come in handy, but would only have 1" clearance to get into my parking area--couldn't do it, I know I'd mangle something sooner or later /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ 72" MMM on 2520 #3  
Re: 72\" MMM on 2520

Just came in after two hours on the 3320 with 72" 7-Iron. I still have about 1.5hours left to mow. Before this tractor and mower it was 6+ hours on the Simplicity 4041 and 60" deck. Much of the mowing is on pretty steep grades for IL. With the 1st of the season very long grass, it is days like today that I am glad I did not buy smaller and that I opted for the MFWD! The 3320 and load match had zero problemns even in the thickest of grass at full swipe! Man I love this Deere! I seriously was mowing and thinking that I built a Dammn Nice mowing machine!