755 PTO problem

/ 755 PTO problem #11  
AM102115 Magnet

I have a PDF of the complete tech manual and parts book you're welcome to, if wanted shoot me your email

Joe

/ 755 PTO problem #12  
Thank you for this. I did 13 and got voltage. Now to expedite getting a magnet before next weekend.

Two more questions. Does anyone know what part no. this is?...and who I might contact to get one in a short amount of time?

Thank you @rara avis! Very helpful.

Is there any chance I could get you to post step 12 as well?

Rick

R77476 Electrical Connector Assy 1 PTO MAGNET

Here is previous page...

Attachments

• john-deere-655-755-855-955-756-and-856-compact-utility-tractors-technical-manual (dragged).pdf
    89.4 KB · Views: 209
   / 755 PTO problem #13  
Heavy Duty Tie Wrap for the win. :)

Attachments

• pto-fix.jpg
    pto-fix.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 235
   / 755 PTO problem #14  
JD855
Good close-up pic and am sure I see what is the tie wrap and it apparently functions as an aid to the magnet, but wonder if a panned-out shot would be helpful to have a better idea just what the tie-wrap is doing and where located.. tks.

/ 755 PTO problem #15  
JD855
Good close-up pic and am sure I see what is the tie wrap and it apparently functions as an aid to the magnet, but wonder if a panned-out shot would be helpful to have a better idea just what the tie-wrap is doing and where located.. tks.

Use at your own risk!

The lever is independent of the linkage that operates the pto. The tie wrap in the picture is wrapped around the lever and linkage with the magnet on it. It effectively bypasses the safety system and makes the pto engagement full manual. Mine was like this when I bought it and I never fixed it. You will need to unbolt the side panel to see and work on it better.

This is the other end of the tie with the lever pushed forward.
pto-fix2.jpg
pto-fix3.jpg

And when I say heavy duty tie wrap I mean the fat 120+ lb type. Not the standard 50 lb.
LargeSmallTieWrap3.jpg

Another rig/patch I had to do on mine was the PTO linkage moved so freely it would vibrate down and disengage the PTO. I loosened the pivot bolt, wrapped a couple turns of teflon stem packing around it, and re tightened the bolt. This increased the resistance on the lever without binding it.

Last edited:
   / 755 PTO problem #16  
Thanks, helped a lot.. hope it helped others too.

/ 755 PTO problem #17  
I have a similar problem. PTO will not engage. Testing the continuity of the switch I get NO difference in the on/off. Interesting, the impedance of the switch is 50% in either the on or off position??!! So there is some resistance in the switch. I have no idea what that means.

Does anyone know if there is another relay in the system that engages the pto?

Someone was looking for the part Number for the switch...AM 102 115 is what John deere gave me. $380.00
lastly..has anyone tried a simple toggle switch to replace this fancy magnetic nonsense??