Oil & Fuel 7610 fuel tank won't allow hood to close

/ 7610 fuel tank won't allow hood to close #1  

luvbug

Tractor
KUBOTA B7610
Has anyone had a problem with the fuel tank shifting foward to the point that you can not close the hood without removing the fuel cap? I have not been able to see how you remove the dash to gain access to see if the mounting bolts are loose. If I push on the tank it does not move rearward or side to side. The hood does not apear to have moved either. Any sugestions or ideas? I'm perplexed about this one. Other than this, I have had no other problems with this tractor. I have aproximately 185 hours on it.

/ 7610 fuel tank won't allow hood to close #2  
I have the same problem with my L4400. I am not sure what has moved ???

/ 7610 fuel tank won't allow hood to close #3  
It would be interesting to see what is moving and about the only way you might know is to take some measurements from another tractor.

/ 7610 fuel tank won't allow hood to close #4  
My 2003 B7500 has the same problem, but only on hot days and after several hours of heavy mowing. When it cools down, the problem is gone. My dealer has no answer, nor did this forum when I posted several years ago.

Correction: I just reread the old thread (link in next post). irishl shared his dealer's fix of bending the hood mounting brackets after an accident. I have not tried this fix on my B7500.

Last edited: