7610 with sudden loss of power to wheels

/ 7610 with sudden loss of power to wheels #1  

esfishdoc

Tractor
Kubota 7610
First off.. thanks for reading this and taking your time to help out!

I've got a 2003? 7610 with about 400 hours on it and never a problem with the drive (HST) mechanism.

Yesterday I was out clearing the drive with the front end loader when suddenly there was no power to the wheels. Everything else seems to be normal! Power steering normal. PTO normal. Bucket controls and power.. normal.
I've tried shifting from 2 to 4WD. Played with the clutch. The HST pedal feels normal and when engaging forward or reverse I hear what sounds familiar... but no go! Again.. this happened while operating and under some load with the bucket scraping the ground.

I've found no fluid leaks. I've not done an exhaustive search yet for anything broken but what I have seen looks normal.

Yes it has been freezing cold. I was happy when the tractor I keep only under a cover started up when it was 11 degrees after resting for a month. I had been running it for about an hour prior to this breakdown.

Questions and comments welcome. I don't mind having someone work on it if that's what it takes but if it something I can sort out and diagnose and/or fix I'd like to do it that way.

Thanks,

Richard
Franktown, Virginia

/ 7610 with sudden loss of power to wheels #2  
Did the range selector pop in to neutral?

/ 7610 with sudden loss of power to wheels
How embarrassing! Kubmehc... as soon as I read your reply I releazed that was the only thing I didn't check. It had never done that on its own... and I was misled thinking a failure had occurred... and it was the only thing among obvious problems I didn't even think to check. So... having just returned from outside and seeing in Neutral.... OMG. So.. thank you. I'm claiming frostbite to my brain... yeah.. that's the ticket.. frostbitten brains. My next question: how to sneak quietly out of a thread and pretend it never happened... can it be done?

/ 7610 with sudden loss of power to wheels #4  
Happens all the time. You are not alone :duh:

/ 7610 with sudden loss of power to wheels #5  
How embarrassing! Kubmehc... as soon as I read your reply I releazed that was the only thing I didn't check. It had never done that on its own... and I was misled thinking a failure had occurred... and it was the only thing among obvious problems I didn't even think to check. So... having just returned from outside and seeing in Neutral.... OMG. So.. thank you. I'm claiming frostbite to my brain... yeah.. that's the ticket.. frostbitten brains. My next question: how to sneak quietly out of a thread and pretend it never happened... can it be done?

Laughing at your self is good stuff! We all have our own "personal" laughs, Lord knows I have plenty!:drink:

/ 7610 with sudden loss of power to wheels #6  
Ha! Don't feel bad. I turned off my tractor to get out of the rain last spring, and could not get it to start, nothing when I turned the key. Examined all electrical connections and the safety interlocks, was about ready to call for help, decided to try again- In my haste to get out of the rain, I had shut the tractor off with pressure on the treadle pedal- all it took was rocking it and all was well!

Will

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet