773 Bobcat Aux hyd lock

/ 773 Bobcat Aux hyd lock #1  

scootr

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5200 HST, 773 Bobcat, Cat forklift
I have a 773 Bobcat SS. The auxiliary hydraulic control lock only works in counter clockwise rotation. Is it suppose to work in both directions?
I need it to lock in the opposite direction. Any help is appreciated.

/ 773 Bobcat Aux hyd lock
Curious if I can just swap the 2 hoses that go to the hydraulic motor and reverse the spin. Thoughts?

/ 773 Bobcat Aux hyd lock #3  
Yes. I made up a set of quick couplers that changed genders until I fixed ours. On ours there are two switches. One on the front of the handle that is on off, then on the backside facing towards you another that is on-off-on.
you hit the aux activation button once the on-off, front switch activates your aux hydraulics in continuous in one direction. You hit that same button again and it deactivates the front and activates the on-off-on.
i think we are talking about the same thing. check your owners manual on the aux activation i think i have it right if my memory is correct. i am not really sure what you mean by "hydraulic control lock" and i am assuming our 7753 is the same.

Yes. I made up a set of quick couplers that changed genders until I fixed ours. On ours there are two switches. One on the front of the handle that is on off, then on the backside facing towards you another that is on-off-on.
you hit the aux activation button once the on-off, front switch activates your aux hydraulics in continuous in one direction. You hit that same button again and it deactivates the front and activates the on-off-on.
i think we are talking about the same thing. check your owners manual on the aux activation i think i have it right if my memory is correct. i am not really sure what you mean by "hydraulic control lock" and i am assuming our 7753 is the same.
Thanks for your reply.
On my right handle there is a toggle switch on the rear side and a trigger on the front side. The toggle switch activates the aux hyd in either direction depending if it is toggled left or right with your thumb. The trigger switch will lock the toggle in one direction but not the other direction. Taping the trigger again releases the lock. Unfortunately this locking action only works for one side of the toggle and that is the wrong direction.
Currently wondering if I swap the ends on the 2 hoses that connect to the machine if the motor rotation will be reversed, thus allowing me to lock the operation in the desired rotation for mowing.

/ 773 Bobcat Aux hyd lock #5  
What kind of a mower is it?
Are the blades sharpened on both sides?

What kind of a mower is it?
Are the blades sharpened on both sides?
The mower is made by RUT. Skid Steer Brush Mower Cutter | Skid Steer Brush Cutter
The blades are sharpened on one side. It cuts when rotating clockwise not when rotating counterclockwise. The control will lock in the counter clockwise direction only. Hence the question. How can I reverse the lock option ?
I have submitted the question to the manufacturer.

Attachments

• IMG_3376.JPG
    IMG_3376.JPG
    292.9 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
   / 773 Bobcat Aux hyd lock #7  
I would call Rut and ask them.

Both of our machines lock in either direction and the blades are sharp on both sides:

PA270010.JPG

P7210009.JPG

I called RUT manufacturing and they said to swap the hose ends and that's it - nice people. They make a great product and offer good customer service. It wasn't cheap but it looks like a lifetime attachment ... at my age lol