8N Ford-What is this lever?

/ 8N Ford-What is this lever? #1  

EE_Bota

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2200
In the middle picture that I encountered in a different thread:
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...6-vintage-farmer-his-tractor.html#post1522016

Just below the seat, there is a lever. It is not very long.
What does that lever do? We had a tractor just like this when I was a kid, and I don't think I ever knew what that lever did.

More particularly, it is the lever straight up from the tranny fluid dip stick. I have recently wondered about this..and was looking for information as late as Saturday.

I notice that his distributer is in front; so was ours. So, the tractors are nearly the same year. Thanks

/ 8N Ford-What is this lever? #2  
Draft control engage/disengage

/ 8N Ford-What is this lever?
Draft control engage/disengage

Thank-you very much. I have been wondering about that for about 2 mos now off and on, and you settled it for me. I had lots of great times on that old tractor.

/ 8N Ford-What is this lever? #4  
might I sugest getting an owners manual, master parts catalog, and a fo-4 service manual. chocked full of good info!

cheap too. all manuals can be had for about 70$

and you an always ask questions here too... :)

soundguy

/ 8N Ford-What is this lever? #5  
NAA... thats the ejection seat lever.... everyone knows that

i used to pperate a similar tractor way back in the days while in college.... way easy to work on and keep running.

/ 8N Ford-What is this lever?
might I sugest getting an owners manual, master parts catalog, and a fo-4 service manual. chocked full of good info!

cheap too. all manuals can be had for about 70$

and you an always ask questions here too... :)

soundguy

I don't own one..it is one from my childhood...sorry...but I still wanted to know, and was actively searching. It reentered my mind, and it bugged me that I did not know.

I always get all manuals for things I own, and read them cover to cover just out of pure interest. Knowing how it works always enhances my enjoyment. But I was young enough then I was trying to figure out how everything works..hogs, calves, work, life, girls, I was overloaded. So..I let that lever slip. :D

I see them for sale frequently, and I thought that they are a darn handy size...capable and compact, with really great features.

/ 8N Ford-What is this lever? #7  
I see them for sale frequently, and I thought that they are a darn handy size...capable and compact, with really great features.

Especially handy if you find one with a sherman:thumbsup:

We cut firewood about 3 miles from the house. And while my kubota is much better in the woods pulling logs and pushing brush(FEL and 4x4), its 13.5mph road gear sucks getting the trailer load of wood home.

The 23mph of the 8n is awesom:thumbsup:

/ 8N Ford-What is this lever? #8  
if I was going 23mph on an n.. it'd be after I rebuilot the steering and the brakes.. :), maybee installed a rops and seat with seatbelt too!! :)

/ 8N Ford-What is this lever? #9  
if I was going 23mph on an n.. it'd be after I rebuilot the steering and the brakes.. :), maybee installed a rops and seat with seatbelt too!! :)

I like to live dangerously:D

The steering is done:thumbsup: Brakes are good:thumbsup:

No seatbelt or rops though

/ 8N Ford-What is this lever? #10  
I like to live dangerously:D

The steering is done:thumbsup: Brakes are good:thumbsup:

No seatbelt or rops though

\
now i'll bet you WISH that lever was an ejection seat control.....