8n wont stare

/ 8n wont stare #31  
Well I'm back to square one. Distributor on work bench with 6volt battery charger hooked to top of coil along with test light. Probe on light touching dist. housing. Points open light bright, points closed light dim. Now what?

that means your coil primary has continuity. that's great.. but won't address a no crank situation at all. A no crank situation is between the battery, battery cables, starter relay, and starter as well as the big thumb switch that grounds the relay.

/ 8n wont stare
Well its alive finally found 2nd problem. I am thoroughly certain I had two problems, three if you count my ignorance. I
guess I read some of the post too quick and didn't pay close enough attention. I am fully convinced that the el cheapo condenser was bad. After me and my son both checked it. After replacing it still wouldn't crank. After this I walked away for a couple days then started over reading very carefully. Dollar Bill posted 10 things to look for and sure enough no.10 carbon buildbe glad up in the cap. Pulled cap and sure enough black streaks of carbon in the cap. Cleaned it real good and bang it fired right up. I want to give a really big thanks to those who stayed with me on this with good solid advice. I will surly be glad to help the next guy and pay it forward.

/ 8n wont stare #33  
I see another problem. Misuse of the word 'crank' and 'start'.

Cranking is the engine turning over.

Starting is the engine running after cranking.

/ 8n wont stare #35  
Whats your point??

Because when you say "my tractor wont crank" you get all sorts of advice about bad batterys, bad battery cables, bad grounds.

When you say "my tractor wont start (implied that it DID crank) then you get advice about ignition problems (assuming a gas tractor like yours), coil problems condensor problems etc. See the difference.

Tractor wonk't crank is one thing. Tractor wont start is entirely another. Tractor won run after cranking and starting is entirely another.
You must be specific when you ask for help. We are not there, We cannot see, we cannot hear, we cannot observe. All we have are your words. When you use incorrect words, we cannot help.

/ 8n wont stare #36  
Agreed.