9 inches of rain

/ 9 inches of rain #1  

joeu235

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 4020 / 6403 / 317 Ford 5600
My place in Little River Texas received 9 inches of rain Monday night. My daughter said it looked like Swamp People. Wish I could save half for the month of July.

/ 9 inches of rain #2  
We experience at least twice that Oct of 2015 in a few hours, amazing the damage. We have had 5 plus a few times in my life and that can do a lot of damage. So understand what you are facing and saying about saving the rain. Pray all are safe and recovery goes well.
BTW, we had a community about 20 miles away called, Little River SC.

/ 9 inches of rain #3  
That's a lot of rain. Good thing you had some high ground for the cattle. :thumbsup:

/ 9 inches of rain
BTW, we had a community about 20 miles away called, Little River SC.

I was stationed at Goose Creek for a while. Not sure how far away that is from you.

/ 9 inches of rain #5  
Good luck with the recovery. It is amazing what that can do to a place.

/ 9 inches of rain #6  
Nine inches is a WHOLE LOT of rain! That will take a good while to run off and dry out. I wish we could have gotten 3 or 4 inches of that. Here in this county of Georgia we got a total of 3/4 inch in the last month, although some neighboring counties did get plenty. We're between a couple of mountains and the rain clouds just split up and go around us.

PS You do remember mountains, right? Those are those little hills taller than a freeway overpass :)

/ 9 inches of rain #7  
:eek: dang... thought their was talk about early drought this year.

/ 9 inches of rain
Texas weather is long periods of drought interrupted by flooding