95 268 injector pump timing hazy

/ 95 268 injector pump timing hazy #1  

Dannydp

Tractor
Ford
Hello everyone, I rebuilt a 95 New Holland 268 engine I now have 50 hours and it's still hazing at idle with unburnt fuel. The book was very vague on timing the pump. What I did was used a dial indicator got the #1 on top dead center lined up all my gears and installed the injector pump with the mark on the Block on zero line. The motor runs great cranks right up but I'm just not sure if it is timed correctly maybe I'm shooting fuel too late I'm able to rotate the pump left and right but how would I know what's the right timing?
The injectors have been rebuilt also. Any and all help will be appreciated and if you need some more information let me know thank you

/ 95 268 injector pump timing hazy #2  
There is an arrow on the name plate..& depending on what color the smoke is, is which way u turn it.
I’m thinking your timing is retarded.. SO you want to turn it OPPOSITE THE ARROW.
If there’s degree marks on the engine block, use those as start and finish marks..
There’s no set place to be.. it all depends on engine and gear wear.. so don’t be hesitant to turn the pump..
DO NOT START THE ENGINE WITH THE PUMP LOOSE.!!!
(like a distributor)
U want to start about a “dimes” width..in either direction..
Tighten the nuts and test run it after each adjustment..
I hope this w..