970 Deere need Left Adj. Lift Link

/ 970 Deere need Left Adj. Lift Link #1  

lbzduramax

Tractor
JD 4710, JD 970
I want to know if it was possible to put an adjustable lift link on the left side of my 3pt set up. I have a 6 ft hog on the rear and need to raise it up higher when I am going through some of my property. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Also, where might I find one and/or could I use a right hand one on the left as well.

/ 970 Deere need Left Adj. Lift Link #2  
You should be able to use a right hand unit on the left side. Do you have any rear remotes? I can probably set you up with a hydraulic unit for what the cost of a new adjustable link is from the dealer.

Just a thought. ;)

/ 970 Deere need Left Adj. Lift Link #3  
If all he needs is the bush hog to be higher, why not just redrill the holes in the hog where the pins go, and reposition the pins? Having hydraulic tilts is the cat's meow, but redrilling the holes is a lot cheaper. If he has other implements that need to be higher, then drilling and redo'ing holes can get old real quick, whereas the top and tilts get better with age.
David from jax

/ 970 Deere need Left Adj. Lift Link #4  
From my use of a Bush Hog or any 3 ph attachment, I found that the tail end hits when going thru ditches and such. Raising the lift arms to remedy this is usually not needed, just shorten the 3rd arm (top link) and the rear end will raise accordingly. If you truly need to lift the whole thing higher for like clearing a bridge railing or similar, relocating the lift pins would seem to be the better solution than shortening the lift arm brackets. My tractor has adjustable brackets to lengthen or shorten the brackets up to about 3". I usually keep them in the top hole as they will still go low enough to hook up to all my equipment.

/ 970 Deere need Left Adj. Lift Link #5  
Won't work because the crank will be in the back and there will be interference when turning it. The adjustable link has angled pilots specific to the right side. Maybe if you turn it upside down (crank on the bottom) but I got interference on my 1070, too.

You can swap them right now to see if it can be done.