9n Ford fluid leak

/ 9n Ford fluid leak #1  

horacefarrow

Tractor
ford 9n
I have a ford 9N tractor has a fluid leak where the 3 point hitch connects to the bottom of the tractor mine has a draw bar like mounted to the bottom of the tractor. there is a large pin the 3 point hitch hooks on and a bolt with a nut on it the nut was a little loose I tighted it but it still leaks any sugestions as to how to stop the leak

I have attached a picture of the area it is leaking from

Attachments

• rear axel 1.pdf
    181.7 KB · Views: 368
   / 9n Ford fluid leak #2  
It's a big job but if you don't do it now, it'll be a bigger problem because the pin will wallow out the hole, if it hasn't don't it all ready.
You can only tighten that pin by taking off the rear axle and axle trumpet and reaching in through rear axle casing after draining the transhydraulic fluid.

/ 9n Ford fluid leak
thanks For the reply
I was afread of that guess I will have to try and get her done
Need to work on the breaks also so guess Get it all done at once
thanks

/ 9n Ford fluid leak #4  
since you will be pulling the axle to do the brakes.. yep.. do it all. ps reach thru and check the other side too.

if you don't already have one.. get an I&T fo-4 manual too.

soundguy

/ 9n Ford fluid leak #5  
When I did mine for a leak like you describe (that was over 20 years ago) I remember preparing for it like it was going to be a big job. I didn't do anything with the brakes, but the job went much faster and easier than I had feared. I think start to finish was under 2 hours. All I had to do was tighten the side that was leaking, and, like Soundguy suggested, IIRC it was easy to check the tightness of the other side through the housing.