A/C Deoderize ?

/ A/C Deoderize ? #1  

TimP

Platinum Member
Tractor
B3000HSDCC
Hi All.

Back in 2009, WaxMan posted that he had cleaned is A/C unti in the roof and "Deodorized" the evaporator and heater core it and it cured his diesel fume odor problem.

Unfortunately WaxMan isn't around any longer so I can't ask him.... how does one "deodorize" the A/C unit in the roof?

I know he probably used some coil/evaporator cleaner, but what esle could he have done to deodorize it?

Thanks !

/ A/C Deoderize ? #2  
Ozone is a great disinfectant killing mold and other odor producing organisms.

Used car dealers use an ozone generator to greatly improve the inside smell of used cars.

Ozone is generated in nature during thunder storms.

Oxygen is O2 and Ozone has an extra oxygen molecule and is O3. The extra oxygen molecule is frantically looking for something to connect to hence its cleaning and disinfecting properties.

Here is a youtube video:

Odor / Smoke / Mold Removal with Ozone Generator - Car Truck SUV Van - YouTube

Dave M7040

/ A/C Deoderize ? #3  
We have an ozone generator that we use for our vehicles, it works great. I use it in the cab tractor a couple times a year to after spraying.
Be sure to clear out the air before entering the room, car, or cab tractor or it might give you a mondo headache..

/ A/C Deoderize ? #4  
^^^^ ++ We have an ozone generator also.. we use it for vehicles & for home & office usage; it really works well... Make sure the area is vacated while the ozone generator is in use & as TractorErnie said make sure you air it our prior to reentry....

Another product we have had great success with is NosGaurd by StarBrite. It was recommended to me by one of the local municipality head mechanics; they use it in town vehicles & equipment on a regular basis. I've only used it maybe 3 or 4 times but it worked really well & in pretty inexpensive. (around $10)

NosGUARD SG Auto Odor Eliminator

/ A/C Deoderize ?
Thanks for the suggestions. I may try to get my hands on a small Ozone machine and try my luck.

I still wish I knew exactly what WaxMan did.

/ A/C Deoderize ? #6  
Thanks for the suggestions. I may try to get my hands on a small Ozone machine and try my luck.

I still wish I knew exactly what WaxMan did.

I did what he did and I replied in the other thread you have going as well. Read the other thread and then go to the OTT forum and do a search. Too involved to post here and I dislike repeating myself anyway.

/ A/C Deoderize ? #7  
Ozone isn't going to alleviate the issue at all because the issue is in the ac unit not in the cab itself and the ozone won't penetrate the enclosed ac unit unless it's running. You can 'ozone it' forever and nothing will change. You have a munged up ac HX in the roof and the only way to alleviate it is by cleaning it.

/ A/C Deoderize ?
Ozone isn't going to alleviate the issue at all because the issue is in the ac unit not in the cab itself and the ozone won't penetrate the enclosed ac unit unless it's running. You can 'ozone it' forever and nothing will change. You have a munged up ac HX in the roof and the only way to alleviate it is by cleaning it.

Thanks. I'll take a visit to OTT ans earch for your thread.