A/C Size for Shipping container?

/ A/C Size for Shipping container? #31  
The way state inspectors do here, is by load calculation. If the state is called out because of a customer complaint ( customers can file a complaint with the State HVAC board for any reason) The State comes out to investigate the complaint. They want to know/see how you came up with the size A/C/ heat size. If you can't show them a load calculation. You're in trouble.... BIG fines. This year.. We have to provide a print out of the duct blasting test

How are you going to do a Heat loss gain on a Container?

/ A/C Size for Shipping container? #32  
How are you going to do a Heat loss gain on a Container?

Well, I guess 1 would have to consider how much heat would be gained by the part that isn't insulated and the insulation value of the foam that is used. will there be lights, appliances that also give off heat ?? How many bodies will be in there that give off heat ?? I think that the metal part that isn't insulated will get super Hot out in 100* temps. Will the insulation on the part he insulates be able to stop the radiant heat off the un insulated part ???. Fix it up like you want,,,, wait till summer... Put a thermometer in the insulated section and see how hot it gets.. Then , Determine how much cooling you will need to maintain your desired Temp...He doesn't have a large area to cool. It's what he's trying to cool that's the problem;)

/ A/C Size for Shipping container? #33  
Well, I guess 1 would have to consider how much heat would be gained by the part that isn't insulated and the insulation value of the foam that is used. will there be lights, appliances that also give off heat ?? How many bodies will be in there that give off heat ?? I think that the metal part that isn't insulated will get super Hot out in 100* temps. Will the insulation on the part he insulates be able to stop the radiant heat off the un insulated part ???. Fix it up like you want,,,, wait till summer... Put a thermometer in the insulated section and see how hot it gets.. Then , Determine how much cooling you will need to maintain your desired Temp...He doesn't have a large area to cool. It's what he's trying to cool that's the problem;)

Yeppers and the Humdidity is gonna be the worst part. Like putting AC in a Beer Can.

/ A/C Size for Shipping container?
The AC part of the container is going to have 3" foam insulation. So yeah, Ken, the real question is, how will the insulated section affect the insulted living quarters. I am leaning to a 6000 btu unit.

Finished the exterior door, and also here are some pics of the solar powered vent (which has since stopped working :confused3:, they are sending a replacement).

Attachments

• 1224131459a.jpg
    1224131459a.jpg
    583.6 KB · Views: 132
  • 1224131535.jpg
    1224131535.jpg
    626.3 KB · Views: 141
  • 1224131613a.jpg
    1224131613a.jpg
    895.4 KB · Views: 132
  • CameraZOOM-20131129124309681.jpg
    CameraZOOM-20131129124309681.jpg