A couple of new projects.

/ A couple of new projects. #1  

sandman2234

Tractor
JD2555 and a few Allis Chalmers and now one Kubota
I haven't even unloaded them yet, but I made a trip of almost 2000 miles this week, after having a discussion with the gentleman that ended up with 2 of my Daddy's tractors. One is a Massey Ferguson 65 and the other is a Hinomoto E2604.
The Massey has a very rough bush hog behind it, and the Hinomoto has a 60 inch gear drive tiller behind it.
Best guess, they haven't been started in about 5 years, and have been sitting out in the weather.
My question, is what preventative steps should I address before I attempt to fire them up?
David from jax

/ A couple of new projects.
Probably the heaviest load I have hauled, with all the extra stuff I carried along, to cover all the bases of things I might need!
David from jax

Attachments

• 20231115_165200.jpg
    20231115_165200.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 60
   / A couple of new projects. #3  
Nice Haul!

Obvious things are to check for oil in the engines and transmission, see if there are any animal nests in the engine or air cleaner, and then check for fuel flow. Are they gas or diesel? If gas, maybe remove the plugs and put a little oil in the cylinders before you crank for the first time. After that, you can pull the wire off the coil and crank the engine over to get oil pressure up.

Nice Haul!

Obvious things are to check for oil in the engines and transmission, see if there are any animal nests in the engine or air cleaner, and then check for fuel flow. Are they gas or diesel? If gas, maybe remove the plugs and put a little oil in the cylinders before you crank for the first time. After that, you can pull the wire off the coil and crank the engine over to get oil pressure up.
They are both diesel, so no pulling the plugs! I may need to check the injection pumps to see if they have oil in them. May put some solvent in and let it sit for a while, then going back to oil. A call to "Thepumpguy" might be in order. Once I am sure the pumps are free, I will proceed to rocking the engine to make sure it is free. Clean fuel and strong batteries and a little luck will be next.
David from jax

/ A couple of new projects. #5  
I’d be happy to help David..
The MF pump is lubed by fuel. If it’s been sitting, chances are hi that the pumping plungers and mv are stuck..
If the inj pump pumps fuel and the injectors are stuck closed, the fuel pressure backs up and seizes the inj pump..$$
IDK about the other, I’d have to see the inj pump before commenting.

How’s the Ford.??

The little Ford has been given light duty, pulling a lawn sweeper around to pick up leaves.
I will give you a shout about these 2, and what should be my next steps!
Thanks,
David from jax