A few questions....

/ A few questions.... #11  
<font color="red"> </font>Now they say they'll have to pick it up again and see what's wrong with the spool valve and if the mechanic simply forgot to replace the lever for the recirc function. Reasonable mistake?

Nope, mechanic should not have a whole valve left over after servicing.
I would say at least a free hat!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ A few questions.... #12  
<font color="blue"> they'll have to pick it up again and see what's wrong with the spool valve and if the mechanic simply forgot to replace the lever for the recirc function. Reasonable mistake?
</font>

That doesn't make any sense. They must have meant that, he for got to hook something back up. There is no way that they forgot to replace a lever or for that matter a valve.

/ A few questions.... #13  
Whether you are using the scarifiers up or slightly down, a good way to start out is to raise the box 1-2" off the ground and just drive around your area. the box will automatically knock off the high spots and deposit into the low areas. BTW, there has been a lot of discussion about backing with a boxblade on a CUT. I believe it's just a matter of time, but you "will" bend up your 3ph and/or blade bracing. That rear facing blade is only for dragging and smoothing.

/ A few questions....
Thank you all! I'm going to take a while to digest all of this great info, and then go and get some seat time.

The dealer tells me they have my new part on order, and in the meantime I can just keep and use the box blade for no rental fee. They don't know how long before the part comes in, so I'm not sure how long I have.. but I can safely assume at least until Monday. I should be able to accomplish *something* with the blade by then.. and if not I'd better take up fishing and forget tractoring. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks again, everyone... I really appreciate the time and advice!

Best............Bob

/ A few questions.... #15  
Be sure to let us know if anything "clicked" and you enjoyed the blade more. That's a big part of the enjoyment from answering questions...

/ A few questions....
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Be sure to let us know if anything "clicked" and you enjoyed the blade more. That's a big part of the enjoyment from answering questions...
)</font>

A whole bunch of things clicked, actually.

-I was moving a lot of dirt on each pass, which was okay to start with, but for fine tuning raising the scarifiers and lengthing the top link really helped.

-More dirt! What I'm doing is moving some dirt from one place to another, but it's like pulling in the edges of a lake. If you dragged in the sides of a lake, you end up with a larger and shallower lake. You don't get rid of the lake.

-I learned to exercise delicate control of the rockshaft lever.. slowly raising and lowering the blade in inch by inch increments.

-I learned to make multiple passes in multiple directions, taking small bites instead of large ones.. for final finishing.

-I'm not very good yet, but I'm getting better.. i.e., my last pass actually made things better instead of worse! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-I'll get some dirt brought in.. I need to fill this area a bit and I can't do it by just dragging in dirt from surrounding areas..

-A search showed me a good idea of chaining a bunch of railroad ties together and dragging them around for final smoothing. Sounds like a great idea!

Now it's time to use some chains and help my wife pull some vines out that are killing some of our trees. Then hook up the mower. It never ends.. but I'm having fun! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks again for all the help!!!!!!!!!!

Bob