A little help with my Mower/Conditioner IH 990

/ A little help with my Mower/Conditioner IH 990 #1  

chado613

Bronze Member
Tractor
IH 624, IH B414, Kubota RTV 900, Kubota M7060
990.jpg

So every so often on my IH990, the reel will stop spinning and I will hop off the tractor and see this grass build up on it. I will have to take 5-10 mins to get it all off just for it to happen again an hour later.

It looks like the part (543114R1) is no longer made anymore, and I cannot find a picture of one to tell what it looks like to replace it with.

I have tried what I call a fernco flexible coupling, but all it did was make it more difficult to get the grass off so I cut it off.

If anyone has any advice I do appreciate it.

Thanks

/ A little help with my Mower/Conditioner IH 990 #2  
Is it picking up grass from the previous pass? Or tearing off new grass?

Might be able to call used equip boneyards and see if someone has one and buy the whole machine as a parts machine.

/ A little help with my Mower/Conditioner IH 990
Is it picking up grass from the previous pass? Or tearing off new grass?

Might be able to call used equip boneyards and see if someone has one and buy the whole machine as a parts machine.
It the still standing grass it is picking up.

/ A little help with my Mower/Conditioner IH 990 #4  
You could get a piece of PVC pipe the OD to sit in there and it might help.
I can't tell from your picture but is the tube hoop still on your machine that runs across the front,
that will help sweep the grasses to the outside of the cutter head.
Is the tinwork below the arm in good shape as it will also help in keeping the unmowed hay away from the end of the reel.

You could get a piece of PVC pipe the OD to sit in there and it might help.
I can't tell from your picture but is the tube hoop still on your machine that runs across the front,
that will help sweep the grasses to the outside of the cutter head.
Is the tinwork below the arm in good shape as it will also help in keeping the unmowed hay away from the end of the reel.
Yes the tube hoop is still in tact , I am not exactly sure what tinwork you mean ?

/ A little help with my Mower/Conditioner IH 990 #6  
Look at the additional par of the front tube guard on this IH 990 on tractor house.