A tired looking second Bobcat.

/ A tired looking second Bobcat. #1  

arnoldziffel

Gold Member
Tractor
Branson 4225h, Mahindra 2516, several Toro Wheel Horse 522xi machines.
I'm been giving very casual thought to picking-up a small second used tractor to use strictly for easy brush hog work on 8 acres about 30 miles from home.

Yesterday I happened to stumble upon a VERY used Bobcat CT230. About 1,000 hours of use. NO LOADER. BALD front turf tires. NO drawbar. Poor cosmetics. (Lots of bumps and bruises).

At the moment, I don't have a sense of its mechanical condition but let's ASSUME that the machine is still sound and just needs a complete service and tires. The machine was first owned by a school district before being sold to the current, private owner.

What price ballpark would you guess it will be in? (I don't know an asking price yet).

$3,000 - $5,000???

/ A tired looking second Bobcat. #2  
Not sure on the value but I would not buy it if it had 1000 hours pulling a 3 bottom plow.

/ A tired looking second Bobcat. #3  
Bit of a gamble, but nothing ventured, nothing gained. I would not worry about the tires because if they have never been changed, they should be worn out. Check for hydro leaks and smooth operation see if you can get it for less than 5 grand. Figure purchase price + $$ for full maintenace into total cost as well as $300 for new tires.