A trip down memory lane

/ A trip down memory lane #1  

podagrower

Silver Member
Tractor
NH TC 40
I took my dad to a local tractor museum for his birthday yesterday, Paquette's Farmall Museum in Leesburg, Florida Home - International Farmall Tractors. It was very considerate of them to host an antique truck show on the same weekend we were there. The place is way bigger than I expected, lots of red everywhere you looked. While we were walking thru barn #1, my dad said, "The first tractor we had on the farm was a Allis Chalmers, then we got a Minneapolis Moline and we thought we had it made, but the best tractor we ever had was actually that Ford" the first two were bought in the 40's, I think the Ford was early 50's and one of my dad's brothers still has it. Well, lo and behold we walk around the corner of the barn outside, and there is an Allis Chalmers, Minneapolis Moline, and Ford 8N practically parked next to each other, it was nice to see my dad reliving those days. I always love the stories of his growing up; realizing the tractor brakes won't stop the tractor and trailer full of beans going downhill to a stop sign, being so shaken up from running the stop sign that you cut across the field to get to the barn and off the tractor as soon as possible, looking back across the field of alfalfa you just drove across in your haste to get to the barn and seeing those tire tracks...that had to be a heck of a time. Anyways, I would highly recommend a trip to Paquette's to anybody, especially if you like old IH.